Table of Contents
Kanya lohadi Vati is herbo-mineral Ayurvedic medicine useful in the treatment of gynecological problems such as irregular period, amenorrhea, PCOS, and dysmenorrhea.
The chief ingredient of this medicine is Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is an effective remedy for all forms of gynecological problems, especially suppressed menstruation, anovulation, premenstrual pains-cramps and irregular menstruation. It is cooling in nature and great remedy for piles and constipation. As Kanyalohadi Vati contains iron, it also helps in gynecological disorders caused due to low hemoglobin level or anemia.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Synonyms: Kanyalohadi Gutika
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: gynecological problems
- Suitable for: Only females
Ingredients of Kanyalohadi Vati
- Kumari Aloe Vera 120 gram (10 Tola)
- Kasis Bhasma 84 gram (7 Tola)
- Dalchini 60 gram (5 Tola)
- Elaichi 60 gram (5 Tola)
- Shunthi 60 gram (5 Tola)
- Gulkand 240 gram (20 Tola)
- Kanya (Kumari) svarasa (Lf.) Q.S. for mardana
Know the Ingredients
Ghrit kumari or Aloe Vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and natural sugars. It is good for digestion and the liver. It has mild laxative properties and used to treat constipation. It soothes the lining of the stomach and intestines. It helps in acid reflux, and stomach and duodenal ulcers. It is alkalinizing and can reduce the symptoms of excess stomach acid and reflux of stomach acid.
The mucilage is stomachic, cooling, alterative and purgative.
Dalchini or Cinnamon, promotes digestion and cures respiratory ailments. It is useful for both digestive and respiratory system.
Ela / Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), is known as lesser cardamom in English. It is cool in potency. It is Tridosh-har, digestive, carminative, nutritive, laxative, and expectorant. It has diuretic action and gives relief in urinary disorders. The seeds are useful in asthma, bronchitis, throat disorders, piles, gas, vomiting, digestive disorders and cough.
Shunthi (Synonyms: Zingiber officinale, Sukku, Chukku, Aushadha, Muhaushadha, Nagara, Vishva, Vishvabheshaja, Shringavera, Vishva) is dry ginger powder. It is hot in potency and increases Pitta and decreases Kapha. It is a digestive stimulant. Ginger is also used to give relief in sea sickness and morning sickness.
Kasis Bhasma has Ushna Virya (hot potency), astringent and sour in taste. It has alterative, diuretic and hematinic (stimulates the production of red blood cells or increases the amount of haemoglobin in the blood) action. It is indicated in liver and spleen enlargements, consumption, anemia, skin diseases, eye diseases etc. Kasis Bhasma is especially beneficial in low hemoglobin level and associated disorders.
Gulkand, is prepared from the petals of rose flower. It is a cooling in nature and reduces body heat, acidity, and pitta. It is a laxative and gets relief in constipation.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Cooling: Lower body temperature to relieve pain, swelling and reduces body heat.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
Benefits of Kanyalohadi Vati
- It has Vata shamaka (gives relief in Vata/wind) and Vata anulomaka (takes Vata downwards) properties.
- It balances vitiated Vata-Dosha.
- It has carminative, laxative and anti-spasmodic properties.
- It reduces the severity of dysmenorrhea.
- It treats absence of periods and scanty bleeding in periods.
- It gives relief in symptoms associated with absence of periods.
- It improves the chances of conceiving.
- It significantly reduces menstrual pain and improves the quality of life.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Kanyalohadi Vati
1- Amenorrhea (Nashtartava)
Amenorrhea is a condition in which there is the absence of menstruation for at least three menstrual periods in a row. It can be due to problems with the reproductive organs, or glands that help regulate hormone levels.
The symptoms of amenorrhea:
- Acne, pimples
- Cessation of periods
- Change in vision
- Facial hairs
- Pain in pelvis
Causes of amenorrhea include use of contraceptives, certain medicines, malnutrition, stress, imbalance of hormones (PCOS/PCOD, thyroid dysfunction etc.). Other causes include defects in reproductive system.
2- Primary dysmenorrhea (Kashtartava)
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition of pain during menstruation.
3- Some associated symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea like nausea, vomiting, giddiness, constipation, diarrhea, fainting, cramping, pain in back lower Abdomen and thighs etc
5- Infertility, PCOS
The Dosage of Kanyalohadi Vati
The recommended dosage of medicine given below:
- Absent periods: 1 – 1.5 grams / 2-3 tablets;
- Infrequent menstrual periods: 500mg- 1 gram / 1-2 tablets;
- Painful or Irregular Periods: 500mg / 1 tablet;
- PCOD: 500mg / 1 tablet;
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
Kanyalohadi and Rajah Parvartini Vati have similar action. But Rajah Parvartini Vati is considered superior to Kanyalohadi.
It has emmenagogue action and therefore should not be taken in pregnancy and in case of heavy periods.
In the case of Absent periods, it can be taken in combination with Vanga Bhasma and Loha Bhasma.
Pharmacies Making Kanyalohadi Vati
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
Dhanvantari Kanyalohadi Vati / Gutika 60 tablets @ INR 100.20
Rasashram Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
Unjha Kanyalohadi and many other pharmacies.