Vanari Vati or Gutika (tablet) is an herbal Ayurvedic medicine. It contains kapikacchu seeds or Kaunch/Kevanch. Kaunch is extensively used in Ayurveda to treat male sexual disorders, Vata-Vyadhi, infertility, bleeding disorders, weakness and Kampvata or Parkinson’s disease. Kaunch seeds are cool in potency and balances vitiated Kapha, Pitta and Vata. This detoxify body and increase strength, stamina and vigor. This medicine act as aphrodisiac not only for the youth but also for the aged ones.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Vanari Vati
Vanari or Kapikacchu seeds
- Kevanch is an herbaceous, and twinning annual climber found throughout India in the hills ranging up to 3000 feet height.
- The hairs on the pods of plant are similar to that of monkey due to which it is named Kapikacchu, Kapiloma, Kapi, Markati and Vaanari.
- In Ayurveda, most of the remedies described in literature for treating sexual dysfunctions and infertility contain Kapikacchu seeds as one of the ingredients.
- Two types of Kapikacchu seeds are described, wild and cultivated. The wild variety is superieor than the cultivated one and black seeds are considered better than white ones.
- Vaanari seeds is a good source of L-dopa and number of amino acids.
Benefits of Vanari Gutika
- It has aphrodisiac properties.
- It is a nervine tonic.
- It is sexual tonic for males.
- It treats oligospermia. Oligospermia is deficiency of sperm cells in the semen.
- It helps in erectile dysfunction.
- It improves sperm count.
- It is effective in Parkinson’s disease.
- It has anti-parkinsonism, anti-inflammatory, and hypocholesterolaemic properties.
Uses of Vanari Vati
Kapikacchu is one of the famous herbal drugs mentioned in Ayurvedic classics for various types of sexual disorders. It is useful in various sexual disorders including loss of libido, erectile dysfunctions, night emission, premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea and oligospermia. It is also used in Parkinson’s disease and hypercholesterolaemic conditions.
- Low sperm count
- Low libido
- Erection problem
- Male infertility
- Sexual dysfunction
Dosage of Vanari Vati
1 tablet twice a day with warm milk or as directed by physician.
- Prolonged period use of Mucuna pruriens can cause weight loss. The protein fraction is said to be responsible for this effect.
- Kevanch intake may cause diarrhoea which if not controlled with dietery changes and normal medication may require discontinuation of Kapikacchu intake.
- Spicy, dry, sour and stimulant food items and emotional outbursts should be avoided during medication with Kapikacchu.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.