Roghan Amla Sada is an Unani hair oil. It is applied externally on scalp as hair tonic. Roghan Amla Sada is useful in hair care and its application helps in common hair problems such as premature hair greying, hair fall, dandruff, etc. It strengthens the roots and promotes new hair growthHere is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Unani Medicine
- Manufacturer: Hamdard Laboratories (India) established by Late Hakeem Abdul Hameed Sahib.
- Purpose: Hair care
- Hamdard Roghan Amla Sada MRP / Price: 500 ml @ Rs225.00 /-
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Unisex
Unani System of medicine evolved in Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani Tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is a traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicines are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicines are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products, etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Roghan Amla Sada
- Balchar Nardostachys jatamansi DC., Rhizome 50 g
- Zarambad (Neem Kofta) Curcuma zedoaria Rosc. ex Smith, Rhizome 50 g
- Amla Sabz Emblica officinalis Gaertn., Fruit 250 g
- Bhangra Sabz Eclipta alba Hassk, Whole plant 250 g
- Barg Hina Sabz Lawsonia inermis Linn., Leaf 250 g
- Roghan Kunjad Sesamum indicum Linn., Oil 1.125 l
- Sabz Roghani Rang Green Colour, IP Powder 750 mg
About the ingredients
The base oil for this formulation is Sesame oil. Sesame oil is heavy, unctuous, bitter, astringent and hot in potency. It contains 8 essential amino acids and good for the brain and used for head massage since ancient times.
Benefits of Sesame Oil for hair:
- It is one of the most popular massage oil.
- It contains 8 essential amino acids good for the brain and used for head massage since ancient times.
- Linoleic acid is also present in Sesame oil. The fatty lecithin present in it, supports healthy hair growth and treats hair dryness and brittleness.
- Sesame oil nourishes hair and massaging with it helps prevents gray hair and restores natural color.
Amla, is extensively used in hair care, both internally and topically. It nourishes hair and prevents premature hair greying. It is well-known a proven hair tonic.
Bhringraj / Bhangra / Bhangro or Bhangra Sabz is the main herb for hair care. It is used in the prevention of all sorts of hair problems. It promotes hair growth and colors the hair. The medicated oil which contain Bhringraj paste as an ingredient helps in premature hair graying and hair fall. Bhangra, helps in alopecia by stimulating follicular Kerainocyte proliferation. Bhringraj improves the blood circulation to hair follicles.
- Crush Amla Sabz to obtain its juice.
- Mash Barg-e-Hina Sabz and Bhangra Sabz separately to obtain their juices.
- Mix all the juices.
- Add equal amount of water into the liquid mixture.
- Crush Balchar and Zaranbad to obtain a coarse powder.
- Soak the coarse powder of Balchar and Zaranbad into above mixture overnight.
- Next morning, boil the soaked drugs over low heat till the liquid is reduced to half in quantity.
- Discontinue heating and filter the contents through the muslin cloth.
- Take 250 ml of Rogan-e-Kunjad into aluminium pot and heat it and add the filtrate obtained aboveslowly into it and allow to boil till the total water content gets evaporated.
- Decant the oil content and add 875 ml of remaining Rogan-e-Kunjad into it.
- Add Sabz Roghani rang (green color) by mixing with hot Rogan-e-Kunjad.
- Mix all the oil thoroughly and allows it to cool.
Benefits of Roghan Amla Sada
- It is a herbal oil for hair care.
- It helps in hair fall and alopecia.
- It strengthens hair roots.
- It helps to prevent hair loss.
- It promotes hair growth.
- Massaging with this oil helps to prevent premature hair greying.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Roghan Amla Sada
- This oil is Muqawwi-e-Shar (Hair tonic) and used to prevent common problems assosiated with hair.
- Thinning of hair
- Premature Greying of Hair
How to use Roghan Amla Sada
This is a hair oil for external use only. Rub the oil on the scalp as per requirement.
Store in a cool and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture.