Prabhanjanam Vimardanam Thailam or Prabhanjanam Thailam Oil is a medicated Ayurvedic oil for external use. This oil is applied topically on Neuromuscular Disorders (twitching, cramps, aches and pains, and joint and movement problems), facial palsy (weakness of the facial muscles, mainly resulting from temporary or permanent damage to the facial nerve), paraplegia (complete or incomplete paralysis affecting the legs), pain in back, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, etc. The oil is applied and massaged gently. This improves muscles strength and also gives relief in pain.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
- Reference Text: Sahasrayogam, Tailaprakarana
- Synonyms: Prabhanjan vimardanam taila, Prabhanjana Thailam, Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam, Prabhanjanam Vimardanam Kuzhampu, Prabhanjanavimardanam Thailam
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Pains, lumbago, sciatica, paraplegia, rheumatism, painful joints-muscles
- Dosha Effect: Vata reducing
Ingredients of Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam
Complete list of ingredients is given below:
- Bala (Rt.) 25.6 g
- Shatavari (Rt.Tr.) 25.6 g
- Shigeru (St.Bk.) 25.6 g
- Varuna (St.Bk.) 25.6 g
- Arka (Rt.) 25.6 g
- Karanjaka (Karanja) (St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Eranda (Rt.) 25.6 g
- Koranta (Sahachara) (Pl.) 25.6 g
- Vajigandha (Ashvagandha) (Rt.) 25.6 g
- Prasarini (Pl.) 25.6 g
- Bilva (Rt./St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Shyonaka (Rt./St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Gambhari (Rt./St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Patala (Rt./St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Agnimantha (Rt./St. Bk.) 25.6 g
- Water for decoction 24.576 l. reduced to 6.144 l.
- Taila (Tila) (Ol.) 1.536 kg
- Kshira (Godugdha) 3.072 l.
- Dadhi (godadhi) 1.536 kg
- Kanjika 1.536 l.
- Tagara (Rt./Rz.) 12 g
- Amarakashtha (Devadaru) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Ela (Sukshmaila) (Sd.) 12 g
- Shunthi (Rz.) 12 g
- Sarshapa (Sd.) 12 g
- Coraka (Rz.) 12 g
- Shatahva (Fr.) 12 g
- Kushtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Sindhuttha (Saindhava Lavana) 12 g
- Rasna (Rt./Lf.) 12 g
- Kalanusarika (Methi) (Sd.) 12 g
- Vacha (Rz.) 12 g
- Citraka (Rt.) 12 g
- Mansi (Jatamansi) (Rz.) 12 g
- Sarala (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Katurohini (Katuka) (Rz./Rt.) 12 g
The base oil in this formulation is sesame oil which is the is one of the most popular massage oil. Sesame oil is known as Til Taila in Ayurveda. In Ayurveda, it is considered heavy, unctuous, bitter, astringent and hot in potency. Sesame oil contains 8 essential amino acids. It is the best to oil for Vata. It gives relief in aches, pains, and stiffness. It strengthens the muscles and cures the dryness. Massaging with this oil detoxifies the body.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam
- Antra Vriddhi (Hernia)
- Ardita (Facial palsy)
- Excellent for all Vata disorders
- Kati Shula (Lower backache)
- Mudha Garbha (Malpresentation of the fetus)
- Muscles weakness
- Prishtha Shula (Backache)
- Sciatica, Monoplegia, and Paraplegia
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Vata Gulma (Lump due to Vata dosha)
- Vata Vidradhi (Abscess due to Vata dosha)
- Vataroga (Disease due to Vata dosha)
How to use Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam
- This medicated oil is for EXTERNAL use only.
- Take a small amount in a bowl and warm it.
- Massage (Abhyanga) on the affected body part.
- Massaging can be done a few times a day.
- Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- It is completely safe to use this oil.
- This oil is applied externally to the affected area.
- This can be safely used for a long period of time.
Pharmacies Making Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Vaidyaratnam Prabhanjanam Thailam
- Kottakkal Prabhajanavimardanam Kuzhampu
- AVP Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Prabhanjanam Thailam
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.