Table of Contents
- 1 Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Composition
- 2 Know the Ingredients
- 3 Biomedical Action of Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
- 4 Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Health Benefits
- 5 Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Dosage
- 7 Side-effects of Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
- 8 FAQs About Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power is poly-herbal Ayurvedic proprietary medicine from Yog Guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Divya Pharmaceuticals used in management of mild to moderate hypertension. Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power contains Brahmi, Shankpushpi, Ganjwa, Vach, Ashwangandha, Malkangini, Sounf, Pushkarmool, Sarpgandha etc. as active ingredients. Mukta Vati Extra Power has antihypertensive, antioxidant effect and helps to calm the mind.
Mukta Vati Extra Power and Mukta Vati, are different. In Mukta Vati Extra Power few extra ingredients are also added such fennel, lavender and Pushkar mula.
This medicine contains Sarpgandha (37.30 mg in one tablet). Sarpgandha is contraindicated in pregnancy, depression, bleeding disorders, gastric and duodenal ulcers, breast-feeding, asthma, ulcers and kidney pain. Side effects of Sarpgandha include depression, dizziness, drowsiness, dyspnea, erectile dysfunction, lethargy, rash, and reactive changes, reduced sexual potency, and stuffy nose. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution and recommended dose. Due to presence of Sarpgandha in the tablet, a person may feel few side effects. These side effects are possible but it is not essential that everyone who is taking this medicine will affect in same way.
Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Hypertension
- Medicine is to be taken with (Anupan): Lukewarm milk
- MRP/Price: 120 tablets @ Rs. 200
Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 300 mg tablet is prepared from:
Wet Extracts: NLT 60 % Total Solids of
- Gaozaban Onosma bracteatum Panchang 33.90 mg
- Brahmi Bacopa monnieri Panchang 67.92 mg
- Shankhapushpi Convolvulus pluricaulis Panchang 67.92 mg
- Ugra Gandha Vach Root Acorus calamus 33.90 mg
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera Root 33.90 mg
- Jyotishmti Celastrus paniculatus Seed 33.90 mg
- Saunf Foeniculum vulgare Fruit 33.90 mg
- Pushkarmula Inula racemoa Root 33.90 mg
- Ustekhddoos Lavender Lavandula stoechas 33.90 mg
Fine Powders of
- Jatamansi Nardostachys jatamansi 18.65 mg
- Sarpagandha Rauwolfia serpentina 37.30 mg
- Moti Pishti Mukta pishti 20.14 mg
Gum acacia, Talcum, Aerosil
Know the Ingredients
Shankhpushpi / Convolvulus pluricaulis, bears conch shell-like flowers and hence it is named as Shankhpushpi (Shankha = Conch; Pushp = Flowers). It is boon for brain. It is a powerful brain stimulant. Shankhpushpi is hypotensive, anti–thyroid and sedative. It improves mental functions and reduces stress due to traumatic, chemical or psychological reasons. Shankhpushpi is used in treatment of epilepsy, insanity, weakness of nerves and mental retardation.
Shankhpushpi is Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter) and Kashaya (Astringent) in taste (Ras) and Laghu (light), Slimy and Oily in action (Guna). Its post-digestive effect (Vipak) is Madhura (Sweet). It is a Sheet Virya herbs. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb, subdues Pitta (Bile) Vata (Wind) and increases Kapha (Mucus). Sheet Virya herb gives nourishment to body and steadiness. It supports building of body fluids.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Kashaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Snigdha (Unctuous), Laghu (Light), Picchal (Slimy)
- Virya (Action): Sita (Cooling)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Shankhpushpi is tridoshhar and balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Shankhpushpi reduces different types of stress, including psychological, chemical and traumatic. It has anti-anxiety, hypotensive and mental function improving property. It is a brain tonic and used to treat mental weakness, mental disorders, insanity, to improve memory.
Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri (often confused with its close relative Gotu kola Centella asiatica) which is also called Brahmi in Northern India), is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It works on seven Dhatu of body. Brahmi is especially beneficial for mind. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory. In Ayurveda, it is indicated in mental weakness, anxiety, skin disorders, and fever. It is a memory vitalizer and nervine tonic.
- Rasa (Taste on Tongue): Bitter/Titka, Astringent/Kashaya
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Light/Laghu, Unctuous/Snigdha
- Virya (Action): Cooling/Sheeta
- Vipaka (Transformed State After Digestion): Pungent/Katu
- Dosha: Vata-Pitta and Kapha Balancing
- Tissue/Dhatu: All Seven, Especially Plasma, Blood, Nerve
Brahmi is adaptogenic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, potent nervine tonic, anti-anxiety agent, and improves mental functions. It is used in insanity, epilepsy, bronchitis, asthma and diarrhea. Brahmi is chiefly used in mental disorders as brain tonic.
Brahmi increases GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) level in brain. GABA is an amino acid / brain chemical or neurotransmitter that sends signals from nerve cell to a specific target cell. Low level of this chemical or GABA deficiency causes stress, mood disorders, depression, insomnia, hypertension and anxiety.
Brahmi and Shankhpushpi possess properties similar to nootropic agents. They are cooling in nature and reduces excessive heat inside body, stress, and anger.
Vach / Calamus / Acorus calamus, is used as dietary suppleme nts for the brain and neurological activity. It is an important stimulant for the brain, nerves and senses. It aids in the recovery of the power of speech and perception after strokes. It is heating in nature and reduces phlegm and Ama. It is good in epilepsy and Vata disorders. Acorus calamus is hypotensive, tranquilizer, sedative, anticonvulsant, and antianxiety.
Vacha, which is the drug of choice for central nervous system stimulation in Ayurveda.
Malakangani Jyotishmti Celastrus paniculatus
Malakangani seed is considered hot, dry and is used as nervine tonic in gout, paralysis, rheumatism, leprosy, in mental illness, to promote memory, to stimulate intellect and as an aphrodisiac. It acts as tranquillizer in low doses.
Biomedical Action of Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
- Adaptogen: Substance considered to help the body adapt to stress.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Cardiac: Related to heart.
- Cardioprotective: Protects heart.
- Hypolipidemic: Lowers lipid level in blood.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Health Benefits
- It has calming effect.
- It helps in insomnia, anxiety, syndrome, sleeplessness, restless legs and anxiety due to hypertension.
- It helps to manage mild to moderate hypertension.
- It lowers the blood pressure in hypertension.
- It reduces mild hypertension.
- It reduces stress and distraction.
Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Therapeutic Uses
Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power is used in treatment of mild to moderate hypertension, insomnia and anxiety. It reduces anxiety and have calming effect.
Ideally, the blood pressure reading should be below 120 over 80 (120/80). This is the ideal blood pressure for people wishing to have good health.
If reading is 120 over 80 (120/80) to 140 over 90 (140/90), take steps to bring it down or to stop it rising any further.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is defined as having a blood pressure reading of more than 140/90 mmHg over a number of weeks. The top number is systolic blood pressure. The highest pressure when heart beats and pushes the blood round body. The bottom one is diastolic blood pressure. The lowest pressure when heart relaxes between beats.
Mild hypertension or Stage 1 hypertension is a systolic pressure ranging from 130 to 139 mm Hg or a diastolic pressure ranging from 80 to 89 mm Hg.
Moderate hypertension or Stage 2 hypertension is more severe hypertension. For stage 2 hypertension a systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg or higher or a diastolic pressure of 90 mm Hg or higher.
Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 or 2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, 1 hour before breakfast in the morning and before taking dinner in the evening.
- It is to be taken with milk or water.
- Monitor blood pressure.
- Reduce the dose and frequency, if required.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
- In person aged ≥ 45 years, BP should be recorded at least once every 5 years. This recording should be the average of several measurements.
- Lifestyle management is recommended for management of high blood pressure.
- Intake of low salt diet is highly recommended.
- Do not smoke.
- Along with medicine lifestyle changes are also necessary. Include easy digestible food items, fruits and vegetables in diet. Do Yog and Pranayama.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- If symptoms do not improve or worsen, consult doctor.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- Shankhapushpi herb is contraindicated with modern anti-epileptic drug Phenytoin. It reduces the antiepileptic activity of Phenytoin and lowers plasma phenyton levels. In case, epilepsy consult doctor before use.
- Sarpagandha has teratogenic (disturb the development of an embryo or fetus) and abortifacient action and must not be used in pregnancy.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
- Do not drink alcohol.
Side-effects of Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
It may cause following side effects:
- Difficult breathing due to nose block
- Dry mouth
- Low pulse
- Nasal congestion, nose block / rhinitis (irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose causing symptoms such as stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing etc.)
- Pain in legs
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
FAQs About Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power
Is it safe to take Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power?
Yes, it is safe to take Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power in recommended dosage. Do not exceed the dose.
What is the Chief Indication of Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power?
What is Effect on Vata-Pitta or Kapha?
- Vata Reducing.
- Pitta Increasing.
- Kapha Reducing
Does it contain non-herbal ingredients?
It contains Moti Pisthi or Mukta Pishti.
Mukta Pishti is Ayurvedic preparation of Moti or Pearls. For preparation of Moti pishti, heat is not used. The pearls are triturated in Gulaab Jal or rose water daily and dried. The process is repeated for 21 days. Then it is powdered to get Moti Pishti. Pishti stabilize the inherent properties of drug with immense reduction in its particle size allowing penetration of that drug at cell level.
What is the Best time to take Divya Mukta Vati?
It should be taken before meal. Try to take at same time daily.
Is Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power a habit-forming medicine?
Is it safe to drive while taking Divya Mukta Vati Extra Power?
Can I take it during pregnancy?
- It contains Sarpgandha. Sarpagandha has teratogenic (disturb the development of an embryo or fetus) and abortifacient action and must not be used in pregnancy.
- It must not be taken in pregnancy.
Can a diabetic person take it?
What are the contraindications of Sarpagandha?
Sarpagandha is contraindicated in patients with a history of mental depression, bleeding disorders, gastric and duodenal ulcers, pregnancy, breast-feeding, asthma, ulcers and kidney pain, decreased renal function, and in patients receiving Electroconvulsive therapy (ECTs). ECT formerly known as electroshock therapy, and often referred to as shock treatment, is a psychiatric treatment in which seizures are electrically induced in patients to provide relief from psychiatric illnesses.
- Side effects, include depression, dizziness, drowsiness, dyspnea, erectile dysfunction, lethargy, rash, and reactive changes (dangerous while driving), reduced sexual potency, and stuffy nose.
- Drug interactions occurs with appetite suppressants, barbiturates, digitalis glycosides, levodopa, neuroleptics, and sympathomimetics.
- When taken with cough / flu medicines or with appetite lowering medicine it causes significant initial increase of blood pressure.
- Do not use with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, beta-blockers, levodopa, tricyclic and antidepressants.
- It should not be used with alcohol as it severely increases the impairment of motor reactions.
- Excessive dose causes drowsiness, weak-slow pulse, slow breathing, diarrhea, lower body temperature and contraction of pupils.