Himalaya Gokshura is a herbal medicine from Himalaya Drug Company. It contains single ingredient which is the fruit extract of Gokhru or Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). This medicine is indicated in Depressed libido & erectile dysfunction.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: The Himalaya Drug Company
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: ED
- Suitable for: Males
- MRP/Price (Variable): Himalaya Herbals Gokshura – 60 Capsules @ Rs. 150.00
Ingredients of Himalaya Gokshura
Each tablet contains: Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) fruit extract – 250mg
Know the ingredient
Gokhru, Gokhura, Gokshuru, Gochurak, Trikantaka (Sanskrit), Caltrops, Puncture vine (English), Nerunchi Mul (Siddha) all are synonyms of Tribulus terrestris (Fam. Zygophyllaceae).
It consists of dried, ripe, entire fruit of Tribulus terrestris L., an annual rarely perennial prostrate, common weed of the pasture lands, roadsides and other waste places, chiefly in hot, dry and sandy regions; throughout India.
The main constituent of Gokhru include Terrestrosins A, B, C, D and E, desgalactotigonin, F-gitonin, desglucolanatigonin, gitonin, hydrolysed products include diosgenin, hecogenin and neotigogenin; tribulusamides A and B, Ntrans- feruloyl tyramine, terrestriamide, N- trans- coumaroyl tyramine, ß-sitosterol and steroidal and saponins.
Gokhru has the following Ayurvedic Properties and actions:
- Rasa (taste on the tongue): Madhura (Sweet)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Guru (Heavy), Snigdha (Unctuous)
- Virya (Action): Shita (Cooling)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
It is aphrodisiac, strength promoter and alleviator of vayu. It cures mutrakrcchra (dysuria). It is the main herb for impotence caused by low or poor sperm count.
Why Gokhru is used for Male disorders?
Gokhru is used in Ayurveda for treating different ailments of male reproductive system as it:
- Causes 50 percent increase in the testosterone levels and improved reproductive function.
- Cooling in effect, having diuretic, tonic, and aphrodisiac.
- Improves muscle building, stamina and endurance.
- Stimulative effect on the sexual system.
- Increases libido and fertility.
- Makes strong and healthy.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Ashmarighna: Eliminates gravel and stones
- Balya: Enhances strength.
- Brinhana: Nourishes the body due to heavy, cold, fine, unctuous, viscid properties.
- Mutravirechana: Increase the flow of urine.
- Rakta shodhana: Blood purifier.
- Shukra shodhana: Purify the sperms.
- Tridoshahara: Reduces all three Dosha.
- Vasti Shodhan: Cleanses the urinary system
- Vatahara: Pacifies Vata Dosha
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac
- Analgesic: Acting to relieve pain.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Cooling: Lower body temperature to relieve pain, swelling and reduces body heat.
- Diuretic: Promoting excretion of urine/agent that increases the amount of urine excreted.
- Lithotriptic: Causes dissolution of a calculus.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Benefits of Himalaya Gokshura
- It rejuvenates the reproductive system.
- Its saponins and flavonoid content act as hormonal precursors.
- It increases energy level.
- It improves vigor, sexual desire and drive.
- It is good herbal medicine for ED.
- It is nonhormonal bio stimulator which increases the level of natural endogenous testosterone. and thus improves performance.
- It strengthens the penile tissue and enhances penile erection, making it very useful in erectile dysfunction.
- It is free from sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, and gelatin.
- It stimulates production of urine and gives relief from the symptoms of dysuria, hematuria, frequency and burning micturition.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Gokshura
- ED, performance problem
- Low energy, vigour
- Urinary tract infection UTI
- Semen disorders (too few sperms / oligospermia or no sperms azoospermia or defects in sperm quality)
The Dosage of Himalaya Gokshura
The recommended dosage is 1 or 2 tablets twice a day after the meal with water or milk or as directed by a physician.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Always take in recommended doses.
- It has diuretic action.
- The results are visible only after few weeks.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- There are no known side-effects of medicine.