Patanjali Tamra Bhasma is indicated in wide variety of ailments. It is beneficial in tumor, gland and liver spleen related diseases. It is also useful in chronic respiratory diseases.
Table of Contents
This is a metallic formulation and hence should be taken only when recommended by Ayurvedic doctor. The dose as well as duration should not be exceeded. This medicine can have many harmful side effects, if taken in excess dose or for longer duration.
Patanjali Divya Tamra Bhasma Price
Patanjali Divya Tamra Bhasma 1 gram is available at the price of Rs 25.
Patanjali Divya Tamra Bhasma Indications
Tamra Bhasma is useful in abdominal disorders, ascites, oedema and respiratory disorders.
Below is given list of diseases in which Tamra Bhasma is traditionally indicated:
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Vataroga (Disease due to Vata Dosha)
- Kaphapittaroga (Disease due to Kapha Dosha and Pitta Dosha)
- Visha (Poison)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Netraroga (Eye disorder)
- Kushtha (Diseases of skin)
- Parinama Shula (Duodenal ulcer)
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Gulma (Abdominal lump)
- Pliha (Splenic disease)
- Yakrit roga (Disease of liver)
- Meha (Excessive flow of urine)
- Kshaya (Pthisis)
- Agnimandya (Digestive impairment)
- Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Udararoga (Ascites)
- Jalodara (Ascites)
- Sthaulya (Obesity)
- Shotha (Inflammation)
Dosage of Tamra Bhasma
For appropriate dosage and adjuvant, consult a doctor in person.
In clinical trial the dose used in 30 milligram twice a day or 60 milligram per day with honey, milk, Ghee, sugar, Trikatu kashaya, Duralabha kvatha, Ardrak ras, Guduchi ras etc.
- Anal fissure
- Bleeding disorders
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Kidney impairment
- Copper toxicity
Side Effects of Tamra Bhasma
When taken in excess it can produce many side effects such as:
- Bleeding (from nose, uterus)
- Burning sensation
- High blood pressure
- Mouth ulcer
- Long term use can result in toxicity in liver, kidney, heart, and thymus.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
It is UNSAFE to use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use in Children
It is UNSAFE for children.
Ingredients used in Preparation of Tamra Bhasma
- Tamra- Patra Q.S.
- Taila (Tila) (Ol.) Q.S. for nirvapana
- Takra Q.S.for nirvapana
- Kanjika Q.S. for nirvapana
- Gomutra Q.S. for nirvapana
- Kulattha-kashaya (Sd.) Q.S. for nirvapana
- Tamra patra Q.S.
- Snuhi kshira (L.) Q.S. for lepana
- Arka kshira (L.) Q.S. for lepana
- Sindhuttha (Saindhava) Q.S. for lepana
- Nirgundi rasa (Lf.) Q.S. for lepana
- Tamra patra- shuddha 1 Part
- Amla (Nimbu) rasa (Fr.) Q.S.for svedana
- Sutaka (Parada) – shuddha 1/4 Part
- Gandhaka 2 Part
- Minakshki (matsyakshi) (Pl.) Q. S for lepana or Changeri (Pl.) or Punarnava (Pl.)
- Surana (rakta punarnava) drava (St.Tr) Q. S for mardhana
- Gandha (Gandhaka) – shuddha 1/2 Part
- Ghrita (Goghrita) Q.S.
- Surya sakha churna (Tamra) – bhasma 1 Part
- Gandhaka – shuddha 1/2 Part
- Nimbuka amla (Nimbu) (Fr.) Q.S for mardhana
- Surana – kanda (St. Tr) Q.S.