Table of Contents
- 1 Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Composition
- 2 Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- 3 Biomedical Action of Dhootapapeshwar Brahmi Vati
- 4 Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Health Benefits
- 5 Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Dosage
- 7 Side-effects of Dhootapapeshwar Brahmi Vati
- 8 FAQs About Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta
Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta is Ayurvedic Medya Rasayana with nootropic properties. The main indication of this medicine is anxiety, mental stress and fatigue. It is also beneficial in improving brain power and strength. It improves the capacity of sensory as well as motor organs and promotes intelligence & memory.
Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta is combination of Brahmi with Swarna (Svarna) Bhasma. It is excellent brain tonic and nourishes the brain cells. It helps in management of brain related problems. This combination which is fortified with Shankhapushpi, Jatamansi and Vach also helps in relieving tension and coping with stress-related disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as:
- What is Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
- What are the ingredients present in Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
- What are the uses of Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
- What are the side-effects of Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
- When not to take Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
- What are possible drug interactions?
- What are warnings and suggestions?
- Manufacturer: SDL Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Swarn Yukt Medicine
- Main Indication: brain disorders, psychosomatic disorders
- Dosha: Vata-Pitta and Kapha Balancing
- AVAILABILITY: 10 Tab., 30 Tab., 300 Tab
- 1 Packet of 10 tablet at MRP ₹ 374
- 1 Packet of 30 tablet at MRP MRP ₹ 1071
Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each tablet contains
- Suvarna Bhasma 1.5 mg
- Brahmi 100 mg
- Vacha 50 mg
- Shankhapushpi 50 mg
- Guduchi 25 mg
- Jatamansi 25 mg
- Bhavana – Brahmi, Shankapushpi, Jatamansi, Guduchi
Know the Ingredients of Dhootapapeshwar Brahmi Vati
Swarna Bhasma, is incinerated gold. It is considered elixir. It is a Rasayana. It gives complexion, strength, and cures diseases caused by vitiation of Vata-Pitta -Kapha. It is used in management of Visha or poisoning. Swarn Bhasma is used in treatment of T.B., fever, cough, worms, low appetite, diseases of eyes, weakness of heart and poisoning.
Shankhpushpi / Convolvulus pluricaulis, is indicated in Unmad (insanity) and insomnia. It reduces different types of stress, including psychological, chemical and traumatic. It has anti-anxiety, hypotensive and mental function improving property. It is a brain tonic and used to treat mental weakness, mental disorders, insanity, to improve memory.
Vach / Calamus / Acorus calamus, is used as dietary supplements for the brain and neurological activity. It is an important stimulant for the brain, nerves and senses. It aids in the recovery of the power of speech and perception after strokes. It is heating in nature and reduces phlegm and Ama. It is good in epilepsy and Vata disorders. Acorus calamus is hypotensive, tranquilizer, sedative, anticonvulsant, and antianxiety.
Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri (often confused with its close relative Gotu kola Centella asiatica) which is also called Brahmi in Northern India), is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It works on seven Dhatu of body. Brahmi is especially beneficial for mind. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory. In Ayurveda, it is indicated in mental weakness, anxiety, skin disorders, and fever. It is a memory vitalizer and nervine tonic.
Brahmi is adaptogenic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, potent nervine tonic, anti-anxiety agent, and improves mental functions. It is used in insanity, epilepsy, bronchitis, asthma and diarrhea. Brahmi is chiefly used in mental disorders as brain tonic.
Brahmi increases GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) level in brain. GABA is an amino acid / brain chemical or neurotransmitter that sends signals from nerve cell to a specific target cell. Low level of this chemical or GABA deficiency causes stress, mood disorders, depression, insomnia, hypertension and anxiety.
Brahmi and Shankhpushpi possess properties similar to nootropic agents. They are cooling in nature and reduces excessive heat inside body, stress, and anger.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Majja dhatu Rasayana: Rejuvenative to the nervous tissue
- Medhya: Promotes intellectual capacity
- Nidrajanana: Promotes sleep
- Tridosahara: Alleviates all three Dosha
- Unmadaghna: Alleviates insanity and emotional instability
- Vrishya: Aphrodisiac
Biomedical Action of Dhootapapeshwar Brahmi Vati
- Antioxidant: Inhibits oxidation.
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Anxiolytic: reduce anxiety.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Astringent: Helps to stop bleeding form intestines, urinary and reproductive system.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nootropic: Enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Health Benefits
- It controls the hyper excitability of the nerves.
- It develops physical and mental powers.
- It enhances the capacity of sensory as well as motor organs.
- It gives alertness and sharpness to mind.
- It gives relief in mental and physical fatigue.
- It gives relief in sleeplessness.
- It has Balya & Shamak action on Mastishka & Sanjnyavahi nadis.
- It has no side effect.
- It helps in psychosomatic disorders.
- it helps to cope stress and anxiety in better way.
- It improves concentration by steadying neuro-transmitters.
- It improves grasping power and retention of memory.
- It improves mental alertness, concentrations, attention, memory and stress threshold of the individual.
- It is a mood stabilizer.
- It is completely safe, non-toxic and non-habit forming.
- It is useful in epileptic fits.
- It nourishes brain.
- It promotes intelligence and memory.
- It Relieves mental stress and Fatigue.
Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Therapeutic Uses
Brahmi Vati is indicated to improve brain function. Below is given conditions in which Brahmi Vati is useful:
- Convulsion Akshepa
- Epilepsy Apasmar
- Hallucination Bhrama
- Mania Unmada
- Memory Disturbance Smrutimandya
- Mental Stress
- Sleeplessness Insomnia
The literal meaning of word ‘Unmad’ in Sanskrit is Insanity. In Ayurvedic terms, Unmad can be related to Psychosis. It is a broad term which includes variety of mental ailments. This condition is characterized by abnormal psychological and physico-psychological activities.
Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 2 tablets or as per medical condition.
- It should be taken 2 – 3 times a day.
- It is to be taken with Saraswatarishta, ghee, honey or milk.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- There is no known contraindication for this medicine.
- Shankhapushpi herb is contraindicated with modern anti-epileptic drug Phenytoin. It reduces the antiepileptic activity of Phenytoin and lowers plasma phenyton levels.
- In case, epilepsy consult doctor before use.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
Side-effects of Dhootapapeshwar Brahmi Vati
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
FAQs About Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta
Is it safe to take Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
Yes, it is safe to take Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta in recommended dosage.
What is the Chief Indication of Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
The most common use of this medicine is for stress, fatigue and improving brain power.
What is Effect on Vata-Pitta or Kapha?
- Vata Reducing.
- Pitta Reducing.
- Kapha Reducing.
Does it contain non-herbal ingredients?
Yes, Swarna Bhamsa.
How long can I take this medicine?
You may take it for 1-2 months.
What is the Best time to take Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta?
It should be taken after meal. Try to take at same time daily.
Is Brahmi Vati Suvarnayukta a habit-forming medicine?
Can a diabetic person take it?
Can I give it to children?
Consult doctor to know the exact health issue and correct dose.