Table of Contents
Alarsin Bangshil Tablets is a herbomineral proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Alarsin. It is good and effective medicine for treating of Genito-Urinary Tract Infection, Prostate Enlargement, Prostatitis, Urethritis, cystitis, non-specific and recurrent urethritis and Pathogenic infertility.
Bangshil is effective in treatment of acute or chronic UTIs due to its Bactericidal action.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a common condition affecting all age groups. The symptom of this condition involves recurrent fever with chills and/or rigor, frequency of micturition, dysuria, nocturia and costovertebral pain. Bangshil gives relief in signs and symptoms with bacteriological elimination in 14 days therapy without any local or systemic adverse effects.
A study was done on 140 patients (between 5 yrs. to 55 years) of Urinary Tract Infection with established Urinary Tract Infection but normal renal function as judged by serum creatinine < 1:5 mg/dl and normal complete urinalysis. The patients were classified in two groups, those with acute urinary tract infection and patients of Urinary-Tract Infection with drug defaulter.
Bangshil 2 tablets every 8 hrs. in adult and 1 tab. every 8 hrs. in pediatric patient (5 yrs -10 yrs.) for 14 days followed with half the dose for next 21 days was administered.
The presence of signs and symptoms of infection including fever, rigors, chills, dysuria, nocturia, frequency of micturition and costovertebral tenderness were assessed prior to therapy, atleast once every 3 days during therapy and post therapy at the completion of treatment, 1 week and 1 month after therapy.
The duration of treatment ranged from 10 days to 3 months. For patients of fresh cases of UTI, duration ranged from 4 days to 7 days.
Patients were carefully observed for therapy related side effects throughout the study. A complete haemogram and test for renal function were performed prior to and immediately upon completion of therapy.
In chronic case, patients showed complete resolution of signs and symptom by 14th day of Bangshil therapy, and acute case patients got clinical relief of the symptom after 72 hrs. of therapy.
The tolerance to oral Bangshil administration was excellent. Renal function remained normal as shown by serial measurement of Serum creatinine concentration. Post therapy urinalysis did not reveal presence of cast in any patient.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Brand: Alarsin Pharmaceuticals
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Genito Urinary Tract Infections
- Suitable for: Unisex
- Price Alarsin Bangshil Tablets (100 Tab): INR 212.00
- Anti–inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antiseptic: Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.
- Bactericidal: Prevents the growth of bacteria, kills the bacteria.
- Bacteriostatic: Stops bacteria from reproducing, while not necessarily killing them otherwise.
- Immunity boosting
Ingredients of Alarsin Bangshil Tablets
Each Tablet Contains (mg.)
- Shllajit (Asphaltum) – 60.00
- Bang Bhasma (S.Y.S.158) 7 Puta – 40.00
- Guggul (Commlphora Mukul) – 40.00
- Swarn Makshik Bhasma (A.F.I.157) 10 Puta – 30.00
- Kasis Bhasma (S.Y.S.163) 1Puta – 30.00
- Taj (Cinnamomum (Zeylanlcum) – 12.00
- Tamal Patra (Chnamomum Tamala) – 12.00
- Dantimool (Baliospermum Montanum) – 12.00
- Nishotar (Ipomoea Turpethum) – 12.00
- Elaichi (Elettaria Cardamomum) – 9.00
- Vanskapoor (Bambusa Arondlnacea) – 6.00
- Chandan Tel (Santalum Album) – 3.00
- Sanchal (Unaqua Sodlum Choride) – 3.00
- Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolla) – 3.00
- Vavding (Embelia Ribes) – 3.00
- Gej Pipal (Sclndapsus Officinalls) – 3.00
- Chavak (Piper Chaba) – 3.00
- Amala (Embllca Officlnalls) – 3.00
- Harde (Teminalla Chebula) – 3.00
- Baheda (Teminalla Belerica) – 3.00
- Sindhav (Sodii Chloride) – 3.00
- Sajikhar (Sodium Carbonate) – 3.00
- Javkhar (Potasil Carbonas) – 3.00
- Pipar (Piper Longum) – 3.00
- Kali Marich (Piper Nigrum) – 3.00
- Sunth (Zingiber Officinale) – 3.00
- Chltrak Mool (Plumbago Zeylanlca) – 3.00
- Ganthoda (Piper Longa) – 3.00
- Haldi (Curcuma Longa) – 3.00
- Daru Haridra (Berberis Aristata) – 3.00
- Ativishkali (Aconitum Heterophyllum) – 3.00
- Devadaru (Cedrus Deodara) – 3.00
- Nagar Moth (Cyperus Rotundus) – 3.00
- Kariyattu (Swertia Chirata) – 3.00
- Vachha (Acorus Calamus) – 3.00
- Kachura (Curcuma Zedoarta) – 3.00
- Bhol Pathari (launnaea Pinnatiflda) – 3.00
- Upersari (Hemidesmus Indicus) – 3.00
- Chibhada Magaj (Cucumis Species) – 3.00
- Vayavarna Chhal (Crataeva nurvala) – 3.00
- Shimal Mool (Bomax Malabaricum) – 3.00
- Renuk Beej (Piper Cubeb) – 3.00
- Jeshtimadha (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) – 3.00
- Galijibhi (Elephantopus Scaber) – 3.00
- Chinikabab (Piper Cubeb) – 3.00
- Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) – 3.00
- Bhangra (Eclipta Alba) – 3.00
- Sahianjana Mool (Moringa Olelfera) – 3.00
- Exciplents – q.s.
Know the Ingredients
The chief ingredient of this medicine are Bang Bhasma and Shilajeet and hence it is named BangShil. The other important ingredient of this medicine are Guggulu, Swarn Makshik and Kasis Bhasma.
Bang/Vang/Vanga Bhasma is Ayurvedic metallic preparation of Tin or Stannum. Vang Bhasma is one of the best medicine for Prameha and Pradar Rog (diseases related with urogenital tract of male and female). It is hot and drying in natures and balances vitiated Kapha Dosha. It gives relief in burning sensation. It possess antimicrobial, antidiabetic, antiseptic, purifying, tonic and testicular regenerative properties.
Shilajit is made of decomposed centuries old plants and rocks under pressure. In Ayurveda, for medicinal purpose detoxified Shilajit is used which is known as Shuddha Shilajit. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid and is used as an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. Shilajit works on reproductive organs. It control blood sugar level, and improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes. Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power.
Guggul is gum resin obtained from a tree. It is hot in potency, light, sharp, minute in qualities. Guggulu is tridosh shamak, Vedna sthapana, lekhana, shulahar and shothhar (anti-inflammatory). Guggulu is bitter, acrid, astringent, thermogenic, aromatic, expectorant, digestive, anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, anodyne, antiseptic, demulcent, carminative, emmenagogue, hematinic, diuretic, rejuvenating and general tonic.
It has anti-inflammatory with strong purifying and rejuvenating properties.
Swarn Makshik (iron and copper pyrites), is Ayurvedic metallic preparation used in treatment of urinary tract disorders, piles, inflammation and diabetes. It balances vitiated Pitta and Kapha in body.
Kasis Bhasma is Ayurvedic formulation of Kasis or Iron sulphate. It is hot, bitter, promoter of good hair and eyesight. It balances aggravated Kapha and Vayu. In Ayurveda, Kasis Bhasma is used in treatment of fever, low hemoglobin level, skin diseases, spleen-liver disorders, and pain.
Nishoth or Turpeth or Indian jalap has cathartic and laxative action. The tuberous roots are efficacious in dropsy, melancholia, gout, leprosy, rheumatism, and paralysis.
Benefits of Alarsin Bangshil Tablets
- It has Bacteriostatic and Bactericidal effects.
- It gives relief in Genito Urinary Tract Infections.
- In severe cases, Bangshil can be combined with urinary antiseptics.
- It improves bacterial susceptibility to antibiotics.
- It tones up the functions and defense mechanism of Genito Urinary system.
- It Improves general health and gives a sense of wellbeing.
- It gives relief from symptoms with 2-3 days and clears bacteria within 2-3 weeks.
- It is Safe drug for long term use.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Alarsin Bangshil Tablets
- Crystalluria (crystals found in the urine)
- Cystitis (inflammation of the urinary bladder)
- Frequent Micturition (frequent desire to urinate)
- Oxaluria (oxalic acid or oxalates, especially calcium oxalate, in the urine)
- Phosphaturia (phosphates in the urine)
- Prostatitis (swelling and inflammation of the prostate gland)
- Pyelitis (inflammation of the renal pelvis)
- Pyelonephritis (inflammation of the kidney as a result of bacterial infection)
- Urethritis (inflammation of the urethra)
- UTI (burning urination, scanty urination, pressure on lower abdomen, fever/chills, dark-smelly urine)
- In Females: Chronic vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina resulting in result in discharge, itching and pain), asymptomatic bacteriuria and after instrumentation.
- In Enlarged Prostate & Post-prostatectomy Syndrome: Alarsin BANGSHIL + Alarsin FORTEGE relieves hesitancy, frequency, urgency burning micturition
Dosage of Alarsin Bangshil Tablets
- 2 tabs every 8 hours in adults and 1 tab every 8 hours in children (above 5 years).
- In case of chronic recurrent UTI, take for 14 days followed with half dose for next 21 days.
- Reduce dose as necessary.
- In Acute cases: as an adjuvant 2 tablets three times a day.
- Enlarged Prostate: Bangshil + Fortege 2 tablets each twice a day for 6 months or more. Or as directed by physician.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor.
- This medicine contains many mineral ingredients, therefore should be taken in medical supervision.
- Always take in recommended doses.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.