SBL Prostonum Drops is a new product developed by the Department of Research and Development of SBL. It is a well-balanced formula of homeopathic medicines that treat symptoms of Benign prostate hypertrophy.
Table of Contents
- 1 The prostate gland and Related Conditions
- 2 Symptoms of BPH
- 3 Prostonum Drops Composition
- 4 Prostonum Drops Benefits
- 5 Prostonum Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Prostonum Drops Dosage
It is a combination of homeopathic remedies that are suited for patients who are suffering from recurrent urinary infections. It helps to support the urinary system and help in its normal functioning. It helps treats bladder infection.
It is a safe and natural product that has no side effects. It is a very good remedy which can treat and prevent Urinary tract infection.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: the frequent urge of urination, burning micturition, the urgency to urinate, dribbling of urine, the sensation of not-done feeling, hesitancy and interrupted the flow of urine, Enuresis.
- Presentation: 30 ml
- Price of Prostonum Drops: Rs. 100
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
The prostate gland is found only in men. It is an important part of the reproductive system. This gland secret a fluid that keeps sperm alive.
This gland is found behind the base of the penis and underneath the bladder. The middle portion of the prostate consists urethra and a tube that carries urine from the bladder to the penis.
ANATOMY OF PROSTATE GLAND
- The prostate gland consists of three basic regions
- Anterior prostate: This portion is fibromuscular and non-glandular. This area consists of 20% of the bulk of prostatic tissue.
- Central gland: This area consists of the proximal urethra, prostate tissue which is around the posterior urethra, and smooth muscles. This area extends from the base of the prostate to the verumontanum.
- A transition zone is also there which surrounds the urethra. This region has only 10% of prostate glandular tissue in young men. This area has significant growth with age.
- The transition zone is the main area where benign prostatic hypertrophy develops.
- Peripheral gland: It consists of special tissue known as acinar tissue. It has a posterior surface to the prostate. It consists of approximately 70% of glandular volume in the normal adult prostate. This area has a significant role as most cancers arise in this region of the prostate.
BENIGN PROSTATE HYPERTROPHY
Other names: Prostatism, Bladder outlet obstruction.
- It is an enlargement of the prostate gland that commonly arises after a person reaches the age of 40.
- It is related to symptoms that cause difficulty in urination. It also affects sex life.
- It is a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostate enlarges slowly with age which causes pressure on the urethra and the base of the bladder.
Difficulty in urination can be due to various factors like
- Changes in the bladder like bladder instability.
- Decreased bladder capacity.
- Decreased bladder compliance.
Incidence and epidemiology
It is relatively common in men and symptoms can start as early as age 30. By the age of 50, up to 50% of men exhibit histological evidence of BPH symptoms and these symptoms tend to increase with age.
Nearly 80% of men will develop BPH and as many as 30% will receive treatment for it.
It is seen that with old age, increased smooth muscle tone and there is decreased compliance due to changed collagen deposition.
Symptoms of BPH
- In the early stages, there are no symptoms. Symptoms appear when the prostate gland enlarges.
- BPH symptoms are referred to as” lower urinary tract symptoms” or LUTS.
- The patient has difficulty in emptying the bladder when peeing.
- The patient has poor urine flow.
- Decreased force of the stream.
- The patient has an urgency to pass urine which can disturb your sleep if you need to urgently empty your bladder at night.
- It dribbling of urine at the end of peeing.
- It causes bladder infections.
- It can also cause impotence or painful orgasms.
- Important tests to diagnose BPH
- Blood test
- Urine test
- The doctor usually does a rectal examination in which the doctor placed a gloved finger into the rectum to feel the size and shape of your prostate.
Prostonum Drops Composition
Sabal serrulata 2x, Chimaphila umbellate 3x, Clematis erecta 3x, Conium maculatum 3, Pareira brava 3x, Pulsatilla nigricans 3.
Sabal serrulata 2x 20% v/v
It is a very good remedy that cures irritability of the genitourinary organs. It is given when a patient has a sexual weakness. It is a very good remedy for prostatic enlargement, epididymitis, and difficulty in passing urine. It cures inflammation of the eye and has prostatic problems. It is given when a patient has enlargement of the prostate gland with a discharge of prostatic fluid. It cures wasting of testes seen in old age with loss of sexual power.
Chimaphila umbellata 3x 10%v/v
It is a remedy that acts on the kidneys and genitourinary tract. It acts on the urinary bladder and is very helpful in cures acute and chronic cystitis. It is given when a patient has scanty urine loaded with ropy mucopurulent sediment in urine. It is a very good remedy for prostatic enlargement. It is given when a patient has the frequent urge to urine which is turbid, offensive in nature. It can also be taken when a patient has blood urine with copious sediment. It cures burning during urination and straining afterward. He must strain before flow comes. It is a very good remedy for scanty urine which is a symptom of nephritis. It is a remedy for acute prostatitis, retention with the sensation of a ball in the perineum. It can also be taken when a patient has sugar in urine and can be diabetes when the patient is unable to urinate without standing with feet wide apart and body inclined forward. It is a very good remedy for urethritis with burning in the urethra from the neck of the bladder to the meatus. It is also a good remedy for the loss of prostatic fluid.
Clematis erecta 3x 10%v/v
It is a very good remedy for gonorrhea and syphilis. It acts on the skin, glands, and genitourinary organs, especially on the testicles. It is taken when the patient’s symptoms are better by perspiration. The patient has great sleepiness. It is given when a patient has swelling of testicles with bruised feeling. Swelling is also seen in the scrotum especially right side only. It is given when testicles retract and feel heavy with pain along the spermatic cord. This condition is worse on the right side.
Conium maculatum 3x 10%v/v
It is given for excitement which causes mental depression. The patient is depressed, timid, averse to society, and afraid of being alone. It is given when a patient has no inclination for business or study. The patient has a weak memory. It is given when a patient has increase desire with power decreased. It can be given when a patient has suppressed sexual appetite. It cures when testicles are hard and enlarged. It is a very good remedy for orchitis.
Pareira brava 3x 10%v/v It is a good remedy for urinary symptoms. It is a very good remedy when a patient has pain in the abdomen due to kidneys, prostatic disease, and catarrh of the bladder. It is given when a patient has a sensation as if the bladder was distended with pain. It is given when the patient black, bloody, and thick mucoid urine, with constant urging with great straining. Pain is felt down the thighs while making efforts to urinate. The patient has difficulty in passing urine when he goes on his knees, pressing the head firmly against the floor. It cures dribbling after passing urine. The patient has itching along the urethra. It cures urethritis with prostatic problems.
Pulsatilla nigricans 3x 10%v/v
It is given when a patient has an increased desire to pass urine which is worse when lying down. It cures burning during and after urination. Urination is seen at night while coughing or passing flatus. The patient feels spasmodic pain in the bladder after passing urine. It is a very good remedy for orchitis with pain in from the abdomen to the testicles. The patient has a thick, yellow discharge from the urethra. It is a very good remedy for the last stage of gonorrhea. The patient has difficulty in passing urine and urine is passed only in drops. It is a very good remedy for acute prostatitis. Pain and tenesmus during urination which is worse lying on the back.
Alcohol Content 60%v/v
Excipients q.s to 100 ml
Prostonum Drops Benefits
- These drops help to prevent frequent urination.
- It cures burning sensations when they urinate.
- It cures the condition when the bladder is not fully emptied.
- It helps in urinary infection.
- It helps to cure the pain associated with disordered urinary tract and enlarged prostate.
- It cures symptoms of gonorrhea and syphilis.
- Stones in the urinary tract are also managed with these drops.
Prostonum Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
- Dribbling of urine
- Difficulty in starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Frequent awakening at night for urination
- Sensation as if the bladder is not fully emptied
- Burning sensation while urinating
Prostonum Drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 10-15 drops in 1/4 cup of water, 3-4 times daily.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
- This being a natural product, it may sometimes precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using it.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.