Blooume 38 Urticalcin is Homeopathic medicine indicated to prevent Osteoporosis. It contains Calcium carb D4 (calcium tonic), Calcium Phos D6 (prevent rickets), Silicea D6 (growth of hair & nails), Urtica D1 (improve body defense mechanism). It makes bones strong and prevents the breaking of bones.
- Brand/Manufacturer: 30ml
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: It is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective for the treatment of osteoporosis. It is an excellent calcium tonic.
- Presentation: 30ml
- Price of Blooume 38 Urticalcin: Rs. 110.
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side:effects: No known side effects
It is also called porous bone. It is a disease that is related to low bone mass and leads to the destruction of bone tissue. It causes bone fragility and the patient has an increased risk of fractures of the hip, spine, and wrist.
Men and women are equally affected by this disease.
The risk factor of disease
Gender: Women are more affected by this disease, as women have less bone tissue. They tend to lose bone faster than men. This is related to changes in hormone levels after menopause.
- Age: Old age is related to the risk of osteoporosis.
- Smaller thin boned women are at greater risk of developing osteoporosis.
- A patient who has a family history of osteoporosis has genetically reduced bone mass and has a risk of fractures.
- Women who have an abnormal absence of menstrual periods and have low levels of estrogen lead to osteoporosis.
- Also, men with a low level of testosterone can have osteoporosis.
- A patient suffering from anorexia nervosa who has an irrational fear of weight gain and has an eating disorder has a greater risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Low levels of calcium and vitamin D in the diet have a greater chance of developing osteoporosis.
- Medicines such as glucocorticoids and some anticonvulsants can lead to loss of bone density and fractures.
- People who are inactive and do not do exercise are at risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Smoking is bad for bones and leads to osteoporosis.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to an increased risk of bone loss and fractures.
- It is known as a silent disease. This disease does not have any significant symptoms.
- Patients have weak bones and a sudden bump or fall may lead to a fracture of the hip or vertebrae.
- This leads to back pain which is very severe.
Other symptoms are:
- Deformity of the spine.
- Loss of height.
- The stooped posture of the patient.
Recommended Calcium Intakes
- Life stage group mg/day
- Infants 0 to 6 months 200
- Infants 6 to 12 months 260
- 1 to 3 years old 700
- 4 to 8 years old 1,000
- 9 to 13 years old 1,300
- 14 to 18 years old 1,300
- 19 to 30 years old 1,000
- 31 to 50 years old 1,000
- 51 to 70 years old males 1,000
- 51 to 70 years old females 1,200
- 70 years old 1,200
- 14 to 18 years old, pregnant/lactating 1,300
- 19 to 50 years old, pregnant/lactating 1,000
An adequate amount of calcium is very important to prevent osteoporosis, as it prevents rapid bone mass, bone loss, and high fracture rates.
Include food sources of calcium include low-fat dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream; dark green, leafy vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach; sardines and salmon with bones; tofu; almonds; and foods fortified with calcium, such as orange juice, cereals, and bread.
Vitamin D is very important for calcium absorption and bone health.
Food sources of vitamin D include egg yolks, saltwater fish, and liver.
studies show that vitamin D production decreases in the elderly, in people who are housebound, and for people in general during the winter. Adults should have vitamin D intakes of 600 IU (International Units) daily up to age 70. Men and women over age 70 should increase their uptake to 800 IU daily.
Exercise helps in making bone strong. Weight-bearing exercise is the best for your bones because it forces you to work against gravity. Examples include walking, hiking, jogging, climbing stairs, weight training, tennis, and dancing.
Smoking causes easy fractures of bones.
Women who smoke have lower levels of estrogen compared with nonsmokers, and they often go through menopause earlier. Smokers also may absorb less calcium from their diets.
Regular consumption of 2 to 3 ounces a day of alcohol may be damaging to the skeleton, even in young women and men. Those who drink heavily are more prone to bone loss and fracture, because of both poor nutrition and increased risk of falling.
Medicines like glucocorticoids (medications prescribed for a wide range of diseases, including arthritis, asthma, Crohn’s disease, lupus, and other diseases of the lungs, kidneys, and liver) can lead to a loss of bone density and fracture. Bone loss also can result from long-term treatment with certain antiseizure drugs, such as phenytoin1 and barbiturates; gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) drugs used to treat endometriosis; excessive use of aluminum-containing antacids; certain cancer treatments; and excessive thyroid hormone.
Blooume 38 Urticalcin Composition
Calcium Carb D4
It is a very good remedy for rheumatoid pains which is seen after exposure to water. The patient has sharp sticking pain as if parts were sprained. It can be given when a patient has cold and damp feet and he feels as if damp stocking were worn by him. It corrects sour foot sweat. It can be given for weakness of extremities with swelling of joints. It is a very good remedy for arthritic nodosities. It is a very good remedy for old sprains.
Calcium Phos D6
It is given for stiffness and pain in the hands and feet with a numb feeling. This feeling is worse with a change of weather. The patient has crawling and coldness. It cures pains in bones and joints. It can be given for rheumatic pains from exposure to air, with stiffness and dullness in the head.
It is a very good remedy for sciatica with pain in the hips, legs, and feet. The patient has cramps in the calves and soles. The patient has a loss of power in their legs. The patient has the paralytic weakness of the forearm. The patient has the affection for fingernails especially if white spots are present on the nails. It is given when a patient has offensive sweat on the feet. It acts as a stimulant of growth and fights against fistulae (abnormal or surgically made passage between a hollow or tubular organ and the body surface) of bones.
Unica Dio D1
It increases the body’s own defense mechanism by ensuring the proper assimilation of calcium. Therefore, good for osteoporosis.
Blooume 38 Urticalcin Important Therapeutic Uses
Blooume 38 Urticalcin is indicated in osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a condition of fragile bone with an increased susceptibility to fracture. In this condition, the bone weakens and increases the risk of bones breaking. This homeopathic remedy is an excellent calcium tonic.
Blooume 38 Urticalcin Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
Adults: 2-4 tablets, thrice daily.
Children: half the adult dose.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side effects.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
- This being a natural product, it may sometimes precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using it.
- Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.