Table of Contents
Bio-Combination 20 from SBL is Homeopathic medicine for skin diseases. It is indicated acne, chaps & cracks, whitlow, eczema, eruptions on the scalp, seborrhoea, psoriasis, herpes, complaints due to uterine disorders, postoperative adhesion, and psychotic excrescences, etc.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL Pvt Ltd
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Skin diseases
- Presentation: 25 gm Tablet in bottle
- Price of Biocombination No 20: Rs. 85
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side–effects: No known side effects
Dry skin is seen in many individuals. It occurs when the skin loses too much water and oil.
It is seen mostly in the hands, feet, arms, and lower leg.
- Peeling of skin.
- Scaling of skin.
- Skin feels rough.
- The tightness of the skin is generally noticed after bathing.
- Itching of skin.
- Cracks have seen the skin which sometimes bleeds.
Causes of dry skin
- Dryness of skin is seen in cold and dry air seen in winter.
- Lack of moisture in the body.
- It is also seen in hot, dry, air seen in people living near-desert.
- The use of air conditioners can cause dryness of the skin.
- Individuals who take long, hot baths or showers frequently.
- A person who washes hands frequently.
- Excessive washing of hands with soaps and detergents can cause dry skin.
- Some skin conditions can cause excessive dryness of skin like eczema and psoriasis.
- The use of certain medicines can cause dryness of the skin.
- Aging causes thinning of the skin and there is less production of natural oil.
Herpetic whitlow is a very painful infection that can be seen in adults or children. This is caused by the Herpes simplex virus. Viral infection causes painful wounds on the fingers. This wound is seen mostly on the fleshy part of the index finger or thumb. It can also be developed on the toes.
Symptoms of this condition
- This condition causes small and very painful blisters on the finger.
- The first symptom appears within 2 or 20 days after the person is exposed to the herpes simplex virus. It causes a burning or tingling sensation. After some days the patient has pain in the area.
- If this area is infected then swelling will develop. This area will get redden as the infection develops. Blisters will appear which has pus.
- The patient may have one or a group of blisters. Blisters are extremely painful to touch.
- When these blisters burst scab will be developed. A scab will heal after some days and the infection will show no symptoms for some days.
- Swelling of lymph nodes near elbow area or armpits.
- Red marks that may surround or lead away from the whitlow.
- It is seen that whitlows usually reappear in the same areas that of primary infection.
Trigger factors of this condition
- Excessive stress.
- Imbalance of hormones.
- Excessive sun exposure.
- History of surgery.
- Any physical, mental, or emotional trauma.
- Doctors mainly dentists are more prone to have infections if they do not take proper precautions while treating patients infected by the Herpes simplex virus.
Cause It is caused by the Herpes simplex virus which causes cold sores and genital herpes. It also causes herpetic whitlow.
Two types of herpes simplex are seen
- HSV 1 If an individual is affected by this virus then symptoms are seen around the face, mouth, nose, or lips.
- HSV 2 If an individual is affected by this virus then symptoms occur area around the genitals.
- It is a very contagious condition, as it spread from the contact of one person to others. It is caused by direct contact with infected sores or blisters.
Herpes is a sexually transmitted infection which is caused by the herpes simplex virus.
This disease spread by direct skin contact and can be transmitted during vaginal, oral, or anal sex.
Sites of infection
- Genitals Near groin or pubic area, near the anus.
- Cold sores on the mouth due to oral sex.
- The patient will have flu-like symptoms like headache, pain in the back and legs, with or without enlarged glands.
- Blisters which when burst lead to painful ulcers. It, later on, form a scab and heal after one to two weeks.
- Cracks in the skin with or without itching.
- Redness is seen with a rash.
- Pain and swelling in the genital area are seen with more pain while passing urine. A patient has difficulty in passing urine.
Eczema is a condition that is seen for a longer duration. It may be seen in various family members. It may appear in early childhood.
- Skin becomes red, scaly with excessive itching.
- Tiny blisters are formed with clear fluid. This causes the excessive discharge of fluids from blisters.
- This disease is caused when the body has body’s ability to repair damage to the skin barrier is affected. It is caused by a mutation in the gene called filaggrin.
- This mutation causes dryness of the skin. Skin becomes scaly. This further causes the entrance of environmental allergens and causes activation of the immune system which causes redness and itching of the skin.
- Environmental irritants.
- Food allergy causes redness and swelling around lips after eating the food.
- Dryness of skin.
- Redness and scaly areas on the front of the elbows and the back of knees.
- Discharge of watery fluid from an affected area.
- Excessive itching.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red and scaling in the skin. It also causes pain and swelling.
It is a disease that is caused when the immune system starts acting on its own cells. This is known as an autoimmune disease. It is mainly caused by genes. It is often seen that sometimes more than one member of the family is affected. But some environmental factors can also trigger this condition.
This condition can lead to other health conditions like
- Arthritis associated with psoriasis.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
Types of psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis This involves patches of skin that are red at the base and often covered by silvery scales.
- Guttate psoriasis results in small drop-shaped lesions seen on the trunk, limbs, and scalp. It is caused by streptococcal infection of the throat.
- Pustular psoriasis This condition often results in pus-filled blisters.
- Inverse psoriasis This often results in smooth, red patches in folds of skin near genitals, breasts, or in the armpit.
- This is often seen that rubbing and sweating make this type of psoriasis worse.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis causes redness and scaling of the skin. It may result due to exposure to the sun. It may also be caused by taking certain medicines like corticosteroids.
- The skin of the patient will be thick, red with silvery scales.
- Excessive itching will be seen.
- Soreness of skin.
- Eruptions will be seen on elbows, knees, legs, scalp, lower back, face, palms, and soles of feet. Areas like fingernails, toenails, genitals may also be involved. Besides these areas, lesions may also be seen inside the mouth.
Biocombination No 20 Composition
Calcarea fluorica – 6x, Calcarea sulphurica – 6x, Natrum muriaticum – 6x, Kalium sulphuricum – 3×7, Natrum sulphuricum – 3x in equal proportion.
Excipients q.s to 1 tablet of 100 mg.
Calcarea fluorica 6x
It is a very good remedy when an eruption on the body leads to the tendency of pus formation. It can be used after surgery. It reduces the chances of adhesion formation after surgery. It can be given when a patient has hard swelling on the cheeks. This swelling leads to pain and sometimes associated toothache can be seen. It can be given when hard swelling is seen on the scalp. It can cure ulcers on the scalp. It quickly heals scar tissue formed after any operation. It can be given when a patient has dryness of skin with cracks which are seen on palms of hands with hard skin. It is mainly indicated when swelling feels hard like a stone. It is generally indicated for relaxed muscle tissues in the body.
Calcarea sulphurica 6x
It is a very good remedy for eczema, with yellow and thick discharge. It can be given in cases where there are pus-filled eruptions on the scalp. Acne can also be cured by this medicine when patients pus-filled eruptions. It can also be given for cuts, wounds, and bruises. It is a very good remedy for dry eczema seen in children. It is indicated when disease occurs as a result of some impurities in the blood.
Natrum muriaticum 6x
It is a very good remedy when a patient has oily skin. The patient has so much oil on their face that it feels very greasy. It is suited to a person who has an earthy complexion. Greasy oily especially on hairy scalp. It is given when a patient has excessive itching. It can cure warts on palms. It is given when a patient has redness along with inflammation which is worse by eating salt.
Kalium sulphuricum 3x
It is given when a patient has a yellow discharge from the body. It is a very good medicine for psoriasis. It can be given for eczema with burning, itching, and eruptions on the body. It is a very good remedy for seborrhoea and ringworm of the scalp and beard with much scaling. It helps to carry oxygen to the blood.
Natrum sulphuricum 3x
in equal proportion. It is given when a patient has itching while undressing. It can be given for sycotic excrescences with wart-like red lumps all over the body. It helps to excrete excessive water from the system.
Excipients q.s to 1 tablet of 100 mg.
Bio combination No 20 Benefits
Bio combination No 20 Important Therapeutic Uses
- SBL Bio-Combination 20 is useful in Skin Diseases.
- Cracks & chaps
- Dryness and cracks of the skin
- Eruptive diseases
- Post-operative adhesion
- Postoperative scars
- Sycotic excrescences
- Whit low
Biocombination No 20 Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults 4 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
- Children 2 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
Put the homeopathy medicine in your mouth under the tongue and allow them to dissolve for maximum benefit.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.