The problem of cracked heels or soles is very common. These cracks not only spoils the beauty of feet but are also painful and uncomfortable. The reason for this condition can be internal or external. The internal factors include the nutritional deficiencies whereas the external factors are related to the care and hygiene of feet.
The first step for treating cracked heels is to clean dirt and dead skin from sole. This can be done by soaking feet in lukewarm water for a few minutes. Then removing the dead skin with help of mild scrub or pumice stone. It should be done regularly. After cleaning, some moisturizer or oil should be applied to make heels soft.
Here are few preparations that you can apply on heels to prevent and cure cracked heels.
- Mix glycerine, honey and milk cream. Apply on cracked heels.
- Apply coconut oil on cracked heels, before sleeping.
- Mix lemon juice and glycerine in 1:1 ratio. Apply this on cracked heels.
- Prepare paste of neem/margosa leaves, add turmeric and apply on soles.
- Massage with castor oil and wear cotton socks.
- Take handful henna leaves. Grind with water to prepare paste. Apply on soles.
- Drink plenty of water for keeping body hydrated.
- The roughness, and skin cracking can be due to deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E. In such cases, it is very important to cure the deficiency. Until the nutritional deficiencies are cured such symptoms will keep on appearing. If the reason is cured than symptoms will disappear.