Ayurveda refers to bronchial asthma as Tamakashwasa is characterized by difficulty in breathing, whistling sound while breathing, difficult berating in lying down position.
In Ayurveda it is said that certain foods in diet like peas, gram, beans, oily spicy food, curd, causes vata dosha and increases problem of kapha and asthma.
Home Remedies for bronchial asthma:
– Take ¼ tsp dry ginger powder, 1 tsp of Ajawayan, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp of mulathi powder and pinch of black pepper powder and boil in cup of water and when it reduces to 1/4 cup filter it and drink 3 times a day.
– Take ¼ tsp dry ginger powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, pinch of salt and mix with 1 tsp Honey and lick this mixture.
– Take 8-10 Tulsi leaves, 3 to 5 black Pepper, ¼ tsp dry ginger powder, 1 clove, mishri Boil it 1 cup water till it reduces to 1/4 cup. FIlter it and take 3 times a day.
– Take 100gm almonds, 20 gm black pepper, and 50 gm khand and grind to make powder. At night mix 2-5 gm of this powder, pinch of haldi powder and dry ginger powder with lukewarm milk and drink.
– Take small piece of mulathi, 2-3 black pepper, and 1 clove and keep in mouth and chew.
– Take 1/2 -1 gm of trikuta churna with honey.