Table of Contents
Moringa oleifera is known as Saijana(in Hindi) or drumstick tree. Moringa leaves contain iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and protein. These are low in calorie, sodium and rich in antioxidant, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. It contains eighteen essential amino acids which are building blocks of proteins. In India we eat it as vegetables. We can also use its leaves to treat various eye problems. Read Moringa (Moringa Oleifera) Tree Health Benefits and Medicinal Usage. Here is how to use Moringa leaves to prepare eye wash to cure eye ailments.
- Botanical name: Moringa oleifera Lam. (Moringaceae)
- Sanskrit Name: Shigru, Shobhanjana, Sigru, Haritashaka
- Hindi Name: Sahijna, Sainjna, Munaga
- English Names: Horse Radish, Drumstick tree
- Kannada: Nugge
- Malayalam: Muringa
- Tamil: Murungai
- Telugu: Munaga Aku
Moringa leaves juice is useful in treating different chronic eye diseases.
- Pain in eyes
- Eye allergy
- Eyes inflammation
- Redness in eyes
Different methods to use moringa leaves for eye
- Moringa leaves can be used as eye wash and can also be put in eyes.
Prepare infusion of tender leaves of Shigru or moringa.
Wash eyes with this infusion thrice a day.
- Take fresh tender leaves of Moringa.
Wash these leaves to remove dirt and impurities.
Crush these leaves in mortar and pestle.
Squeeze the crushed leaves to extract juice.
Wash eyes with this juice.
- Extract fresh leaves juice and mix with honey and use it as eye drop or apply on eyelids.