Listerine antiseptic mouthwash is an over-the-counter therapeutic mouthwash from Johnson & Johnson. It has antiplaque and antigingivitis properties. Listerine is helpful in killing germs that cause bad breath, helping to prevent and reduce the dental conditions of plaque and gingivitis.
Ingredients of Listerine Mouthwash
Active ingredients: three phenolic-derived essential oils
- 0.064% thymol, 0.092% eucalyptol and 0.042% menthol combined with 0.060 % methyl salicylate.
- Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol 26.9 %, benzoic acid, poloxamer 407, sodium benzoate, caramel
Uses of Listerine Mouthwash
- Helpful in gingivitis
- Significantly reduces plaque accumulation
How to use Listerine Mouthwash
- Rinse full strength for 30 seconds with 20 ml (2/3 fluid ounce or 4 teaspoonful) morning and night.
- Please note Listerine contains 27 % alcohol. Do not swallow this product. Do not use in children under 12 years of age.
- Listerine contains alcohol which is highly inflammable so, keep away from heat. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest.