Table of Contents
Dhatu rog, Dhatu Dosha, Dhat syndrome, Shukrameha (Shukra = sperm + meha = passage in urine), loss of semen are the common names for Spermatorrhoea or semen loss through nocturnal emissions, urine and masturbation. It is considered one of the twenty types of Prameha described in Ayurveda.
In Ayurveda, Dhatu refers to tissue system. There are Seven tissue systems or (Sapt Dhatus) in the body. Reproductive tissues are called Shukra (semen) Dhatu and are mainly governed by Kapha. Shukra Dhatu is the most refined of the seven Dhatus and contain the essence of all other dhatus.
Shukrameha is Kaphaja Prameha and in this condition, patient passes urine similar to quality of semen or semen itself may be mixed with urine.
Common Names: Dahtu Rog, Dhatu Girna, Dhat Ki Samsya, Purush Prameha
Indications: Involuntary discharge of semen without orgasm / white discharge in urine and psychosexual disorders
Other Symptoms: fatigue, listlessness, loss of appetite, lack of physical strength, poor concentration, forgetfulness, anxiety, guilt, sexual weakness and sexual dysfunctions (nocturnal emission / swapna dosh)
Herbs Used In Ayurveda for Semen Loss or Spermatorrhoea
There are many herbs which are used to treat the condition of Spermatorrhoea. These herbs are mainly Rasayana Drug of Ayurveda. They help to reduce stress, anxiety and depression. At the same time, they give nutrition to body and increase Ojas. These herbs are common ingredient of many herbal medicines used to improve fertility and sexual performance of males.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Atibala, Kanghi, Kangahi, Country (Mallow, Flowering Maples, Chinese Bell-flower (Sida rhombifolia)
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Bhang, Indian Hemp (Cannabis sativa)
- Chandan (Santalum album)
- Chiraita (Swertia chirayita)
- Dhava, Madhuravalka (Anogeissus latifolia)
- Gokhru chota (Tribulus terrestris) and Gokhru Bada (Pedalium murex)
- Kadamba (Anthocephalus cadamba)
- Kokilaaksha (Asteracantha longifolia)
- Kapikacchu, Kevanch, Konchh, Cowhage (Mucuna pruriens Linn.)
- Mandukaparni, Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
- Makhana (Euryale ferox Salisb)
- Nutmeg, Mace (Myristica fragrans)
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
- Saalam-misri, Saalab-misri, Khusyat-us-Saalab, Salep (Orchis latifolia)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus Willd)
- Shikhi, Uttangan (Blephoris edulisPers.)
- Vidari, Milky Yam (Ipomoea digitata)
- Vidhara (Argyreia nervosa)
There are many Ayurvedic medicines available for the treatment of Dhatu rog. These medicine can be herbal or herbomineral. Herbo-mineral medicine should be taken in medical supervision. Generally these medicines are taken with milk. While on treatment, one should avoid use of spicy, fried foods and garlic.
- Ashwagandha pak
- Ashwagandha churna / Amukkara Choornam
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Chandraprabha Vati for Urinary Problems and Spermatorrhoea
- Dhatupaushtik Churna
- Gokshuradi Guggulu
- Kamdev Churna
- Mehamudgar Vmati
- Manmath Ras
- Shukramatrika Vati
- Supari Pak
- Warn Bhasma
- Trivang Bhasma
- Vasant Kusumakar Ras
- Dhootapapeshwar Shilapravang
- Organic India OhBoy!
- Himalaya Confido
- Sandu Vanari Kalpa
- Sandu Vimfix
In Unani spermatorrhoea is called Jiryan.
- Habbe Jadwar
- Majun Jiryan Khas
- Majoon-e-Arad Khurma
- Qurs Kushta Qalai
Home remedies for Dhatu Rog
Dhatu rog, is considered a condition of semen loss. This condition can be due to many reasons including habit of masturbation, obesity, eating fatty foods, constipation, sedentary lifestyle, intestinal parasites, etc. First one should try to find the real reason for the condition. So that the right treatment can adopted. Below is given few home remedies for treatment of semen loss or Dhatu rog.
- Make powder by mixing equal quantities of Atibala + Kevanch dry boiled seed + Shatavari + Kokilaaksha and Gokhru. Take one teaspoon of this 2-3 times a day with milk.
- The infusion of the fresh Bada Gokhru plant, prepared by soaking 1 part in 20 parts of water is given in dose 500 ml daily.
- Prepare an herbal powder by mixing fine powder of 10 g each of kabab chini + cardamom seed + bamboo manna and long pepper. Add 40 g of sugar to it. Take half teaspoon twice daily with milk.
- Make a fine powder of 10 g each of kabab chini + Chopchini + Shatavari + Gokhru + bamboo manna + Bala seeds + processed Kaunch seed + Pippali / long pepper + Vidarikanda and Ashwagandha. Add 60 g of fine Nishoth / Trivrit powder and 200 g sugar. Take about one spoon twice daily with milk for 2–3 months.
- Take Punarnava root powder in a dose of 500 mg, twice daily for 15 days.
- Prepare powder by mixing Ashwagandha + Vidari Kanda + Saalam-misri + Bada Gokhru + Safed Musli and Akarkara / Pellitory. Take one teaspoon twice daily with milk.
- Prepare powder by mixing 30 g Triphala + 10 g Kabab-chini + 10 g vacha and 5 g camphor. Take 2 g of this powder with milk in the morning on an empty stomach + and two hours after meals in the evening.
- Make powder of dry tender shoots and hanging roots of Bargad tree. Take a pinch of this powder at regular intervals.
- Extract juice of Mehndi / Henna leaves and taken in doe of 5-10 ml with water and sugar.
- Dry unripe fruits of Goolar. Ground to make powder. Mix equal amount of Mishri. Take in dose of 10 grams daily.
Important Health Tips
- If you are constipated, first cure the same by dietary changes, doing exercises and use of herbal medicines such as Triphala.
- Treat intestinal parasites.
- Take light, easily digestible food.
- Avoid intake of garlic.
- Drink Amla juice. It has cooling effect on body.