Table of Contents
Becosules is a multivitamin formulation of B complex with other vitamins. It provides adequate amounts of several B-complex vitamins (including vitamin B12 and folic acid) and vitamin C.
Becosules capsule is treatment for preventing and curing the deficiency of B vitamins.
Vitamins play very important role in keeping body fit. Vitamin C and B complex are water soluble vitamins. These helps in normal metabolic functioning and prevention of diseases. The deficiency of these vitamin causes impaired wound healing, recurrent infections, diseases (beri beri, pellagra and scurvy), premature hair greying, sore mouth, sore tongue, burning sensation in mouth, cracks on angles of mouth/lips etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Pfizer Ltd (Pharmacia India Pvt. Ltd)
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Allopathic
- Main Indication: Branded oral multivitamin supplement
Composition of Becosules Capsules
- Calcium pantothenate 50 mg
- Vitamin B12 15 mcg
- Folic acid 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) 10 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 10 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 3 mg
- Niacinamide 100 mg
- Vitamin C ascorbic acid 150 mg
- Biotin 100 mcg
Know the Ingredients
1- Calcium pantothenate 50 mg
Calcium Pantothenate is the calcium salt of (R)-3-(2,4-dihydroxy-3,3-dimethylbutyramido)propionic acid. It is the calcium salt of the water-soluble vitamin B5
- Chemical formula: C18H32CaN2O10
- Molecular weight: 476.5
- Source: widely found in both plants and animals including meat, vegetables, cereal grains, legumes, eggs, and milk.
- Benefits: antioxidant, for functioning of the enzymes in the human body.
- Deficiency: Fatigue, insomnia, depression, irritability, vomiting, stomach pains, burning feet, and upper respiratory infections.
2- Vitamin B12 15 mcg
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin, Cbl) is a water-soluble vitamin and a member of a family of related molecules known as corrinoids which contain a corrin nucleus made up of a tetrapyrrolic ring structure.
- Chemical formula: C63H88CoN14O14P
- Molecular weight: 1355.4
- Source: originates from bacteria, fungi and algae, and is present in virtually all animal tissues. Plants contain no vitamin B12.
- Benefits: as a cofactor to at least two enzymes, methionine synthase and methylmalonyl CoA mutase. Used in the treatment of sleep disorders, idiopathic osteoarthritis and vitiligo.
- Deficiency: malabsorption or the impairment of transport of the vitamin within the body, megaloblastic anaemia, neuropathies, degeneration of the spinal cord, occlusive vascular disease.
3- Folic acid 1.5 mg
Pteroylglutamic Acid or Folic Acid is (2S)-[4-[(2-amino-4-hydroroxypteridin-6-yl) methylamino]benzamido]glutamic acid.
- Chemical formula: C19H19N7O6
- Molecular weight: 441.4
- Source: plant and animal derived foods, green leafy vegetables, legumes and some fruits
- Benefits: involved in one-carbon transfer reaction, formation of the primary methylating agent, S-adenosyl methionine.
- Deficiency: impairment of cell replication, megaloblastic and macrocytic anaemia.
4- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) 10 mg
Thiamin (vitamin B1) is a relatively heat- and acid-stable, water-soluble compound, containing a pyrimidine and a thiazole nucleus linked by a methylene bridge.
- Source: grain products, meat products, vegetables, dairy products, legumes, fruits and eggs
- Benefits: It is a co-enzyme in several enzymatic reactions.
- Deficiency: disorder of the central nervous system, confusion, ataxia
5- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 10 mg
Riboflavin is a water-soluble vitamin of the B group (vitamin B2).
- Source: essential constituent of all living cells, found in milk, eggs, liver, some lean meats, and green vegetables.
- Benefits: Useful in treatment of migraine, carpal tunnel syndrome, cataracts and a variety of skin conditions (acne, dermatitis, eczema, ulceration), and for muscle cramps
- Deficiency: dry and cracked skin, sensitivity to bright light, itching, dizziness, insomnia, slow learning, weakness, sore throat, hyperaemia and oedema of the pharyngeal and oral mucous membranes, cheilosis, angular stomatitis, glossitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis, corneal vascularisation and anaemia.
6- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 3 mg
Pyridoxine is a water-soluble vitamin. Pyridoxine is composed of three forms (vitamers), pyridoxine, pyridoxal and pyridoxamine.
- Source: Animal products (fish, liver, kidney, pork, eggs), wheatgerm, yeast, brown rice, soybeans, oats, whole-wheat grains, peanuts and walnuts
- Benefits: Used as a cofactor particularly in the metabolic transformation of amino acids, including decarboxylation, transamination and racemisation.
- Deficiency: immune dysfunction, kidney stones, carpal tunnel syndrome
7- Niacinamide 100 mg
Niacinamide or nicotinamide is a form of water soluble vitamin B3 (niacin).
- Source: yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains.
- Benefits: used to prevent and treat niacin deficiency (pellagra), high cholesterol.
- Deficiency: diarrhea, confusion (dementia), tongue redness/swelling, and peeling red skin.
8- Vitamin C ascorbic acid 150 mg
Ascorbic Acid is (R)-5-[(S)-1,2-dihydroxyethyl)-3,4-dihydroxy- 5(H)-furan-2-one.
- Chemical formula: C6H8O6
- Molecular weight: 176.1
- Source: citrus and soft fruits and leafy green vegetables.
- Benefits: strong reducing agent and as an antioxidant, synthesis of collagen, neurotransmitters and carnitine; it is an enzyme co-factor and also increases the gastrointestinal absorption of non-haem iron.
- Deficiency: fatigue, weakness, aching joints and muscles, anaemia, bleeding from the gums, petechial and sheet haemorrhages, and delayed wound healing, scurvy
9- Biotin 100 mcg
Biotin, D-Biotin, coenzyme R or vitamin H, is a water-soluble vitamin with bicyclic ring structure. One ring contains a ureido group and the other contains a heterocyclic sulphur atom and a valeric acid side-group.
- Source: de novo synthesis by bacteria, primitive eukaryotic organisms including yeasts, moulds and algae, and some plant species.
- Deficiency: Fine scaly desquamating dermatitis, characteristic skin rash frequently observed around the eyes, nose and mouth, hair loss, conjunctivitis and ataxia In infants, Signs of biotin deficiency include hypotonia, lethargy, developmental delay and withdrawn behaviour.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Becosules Capsules
It is branded oral multivitamin supplement. Vitamins are essential for the maintenance of normal metabolic functions. The water soluble vitamins of the B-complex group play a part in the metabolism of carbohydrates, alcohol and branched chain amino acids.
Supportive nutritional supplementation of B complex vitamins and vitamin C
Dosage of Becosules Capsules
The dose of Becosules Capsules is one capsule daily after meals or as directed by the physician.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Becosules is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to any of the constituents.
- Water soluble vitamins, seldom cause toxicity in persons with normal renal function.
- Pyridoxine may interact with levodopa in an antagonistic manner but such antagonism does not occur if a carbidopa /levodopa combination is given.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Store below 30° C in a dry place, away from light.
- It can be safely taken during breastfeeding.