Aqua exercises or water workouts are performed inside water. In this therapy, multi-depth immersion pools or tanks are used for doing stretching, strengthening, joint mobilization, balance and gait training, and endurance training. The various work out options available in this are Aqua walk, Aqua aerobics, Zumba, Kick-boxing, Jumping jacks, body stretch etc. Water has property of buoyancy due to which person feels weightlessness and this helps in easy work out without straining, pain and impact on joints.
Aqua exercises offers several health benefits. Many persons who can not do rigorous exercise due to health conditions such as high blood pressure, spondylitis, back ache, Parkinson, pregnancy can go for this safer exercise option.
Benefits of water or Aqua Exercise
- This method is more effective compared to regular exercise regime. It helps to shed extra kilos easily.
- It avoids the injuries that can occur due to overstrain of muscles and joints.
- It is excellent cardio-respiratory exercise.
- It is enjoyable especially in summers.
- It can be done even in pregnancy.
- Everyone is suitable for these exercises.