Table of Contents
Narasimha Rasayanam is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated ghee. It is rejuvenative, a nourishing, aphrodisiac, and a general health tonic. It is a formula to delay the aging process. It is good for the skin. hair and overall health. Narasimha Rasayanam, improves appetite, digestion, absorption and supports weight gain. It helps the body adapt to stress, increases immunity, gives strength to nerves or the nervous system, and supports proper hormones secretion.
- It is an Ayurvedic Rasayan drug. Ayurvedic Rasayan, are boon for health. An Ayurvedic Rasayan has the following health beneficial properties.
- It has Free-radical scavenging or antioxidant effect.
- It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation anywhere in the body.
- It reduces lipid peroxidation, which is the oxidative degradation of lipids. It is the process in which free radicals steal electrons from the lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage. This process proceeds by a free radical chain reaction mechanism.
- It prevents DNA damage.
- It has immune modulation (modification of the immune response) and immune stimulant (stimulate the immune system by inducing activation or increasing activity of any of its components) properties.
- It has adaptogenic effect, which means it increase the body’s ability to resist the damaging effects of stress and promote or restore normal physiological functioning.
Here is given more about Narasimha Ghrita Rasayana, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
Ingredients of Narasimha Rasayanam
- Gayatri ( Khadira) (Ht. Wd.) 1 Part
- Chitraka (Rt.) 1 Part
- Sheesham (Ht. Wd.) 1 Part
- Vijaysar/ Asana (Ht. Wd.) 1 Part
- Haritaki (P.) 1 Part
- Vella (Vidanga) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Bibhitaka (P.) 1 Part
- Bhallataka – Shuddha (Fr.) 1 Part
- Ayasa (Lauha) 8 Parts
- Water for decoction 16 times of total drugs
- reduced to 1/4 th of water
- Kshira (Godugdha) equal to decoction
- Bharnga niryasa (Bhringaraja) (Pl.) Two times the decoction
- Vara Kashaya (Haritaki) (P.) (Bibhitaka) (P.) (Amalaki) (P.) three times of the decoction
- Haiyaganvina (Navanita) Ghee Four times of the decoction
Method of Preparation:Ingredients 1 to 9 are added to water and exposed to the rays of sun for three days. Thereafter it is boiled and strained. To this, ingredients 11 to 14 are added and boiled again to Ghrita Paka.
Benefits of Narasimha Rasayanam
- It is a general health tonic.
- It is rejuvenative and aphrodisiac.
- It cures internal dryness.
- It improves strength, vitality, weight, luster, and digestion.
- It is a nourishing and boosts intelligence and memory power.
- It cures speech disorders and helps fluent speech.
- It promotes growth of hair and prevents premature hair greying.
- It is antiaging.
- It gives relief from constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta and Vata disorder.
- It supports better digestion and assimilation.
- It helps in weight gain.
- It cures anemia, fatigue, emaciation and weakness.
- It is good for hair, skin, and speech and intellectual power.
- It is suitable for all age groups as a rejuvenative tonic.
Uses of Narasimha Rasayanam
- Aa a tonic to improves overall health
- Daurbalya (Weakness)
- Emaciation/ Low weight
- Used as Vajikara and Rasayana (Aphrodisiac and Nutrient to the body and mind with adapto-immuno-neuro-endocrino-modulator properties)
The Dosage of Narasimha Rasayanam
Half teaspoon-1 spoon for (5-10 gram) twice a day before food in the morning and after food at night.
The Anupan/ Adjuvant for this medicine is Honey/ sugar/ milk/ cold water.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ghrita should not be taken in many conditions including:
- Digestive weakness, impaired digestion
- Weakness of the liver
- Suffering from Whitish and foul smelling stool
- Chronic fever
- People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Kottakal Arya Vaidya Sala (Narasimha Rasayanam), Nagarjuna (Naarasimha Rasayanam), Oushadasala (Narasimha Rasayanam), Pankajakasthuri Herbals India (Narasimharasayanam), AVP (Narasimha Rasayanam), Vadyaratnam (Narasimharasayanam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.