Table of Contents
Habbe Raal is an herbal Unani medicine with bitter taste and characteristic smell. It is useful in treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
Type of medicine: Unani Herbal
Product Name: Habbe Raal
Manufacturer: Dehlvi Remedies
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Habbe Raal
1. Raal Vateria indica Linn. Resin 100 g
2. Samagh-e-Arabi Acacia arabica (L.) Willd. ex Del. Gum 100 g
Method of preparation:
- Take both the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Clean ingredient number 1 by washing 2-3 times with water. Dry the drug in shade, powder separately in a pulveriser and pass through a sieve of mesh number 80.
- Mix the powders thoroughly and moisten with purified water to get the semi-solid mass and subject to granulation, using mechanical granulator.
- Dry the granules in a drier at low temperature and prepare pills of 500 mg
Benefits of Habbe Raal
- It is Habis (Retentive) and stops the bleeding.
- It is Mudammil (Cicatrizant) and promotes healing through the formation of scar tissue.
- It gives relief in ulcer, dirrhoea and dysentry.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Habbe Raal
- Ishal (Diarrhoea)
- Maghs (Tenesmus)
- Qurooh-e-Meda (Gastric Ulcer)
- Qurooh-e-IsnaAshri (Duodenal Ulcers)
Dosage of Habbe Raal
The drug is taken in dose of 1/2 gram to one gram, twice a day with water. This should be taken after meal. It is herbal medicine without any known side effect.