Habb-E-Jadwar is an herbal Unani medicine. The chief ingredient of this medicine is Jadwar, the roots of plant Delphinium denudatum. This medicine is a tonic for brain and heart. It gives strength to whole body, reduces stress and is useful in treatment of sexual disorders of men. It cures sexual weakness and improves fertility. It increases sperm count. It helps in premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction ED.
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Habbe Jadwar
- Afiun (Papaver somniferum Linn latex) 60gm
- Jadwar (Delphinium denudatum root) 10gm
- Zafran (Crocus sativa gynacium) 5gm
- Sheer Gao (Cow Milk) 5 litre
- Narjeel (Lodoicea maldivica Pers fruit) 1 in number
- Bisbasa (Myristica fragrans fruit coat) 5gm
- Behman safed (Centaurea behen root) 5gm
- Behman surkh (Salvia heamatodes root) 5gm
- Sumbuluttib (Nardostachis jatamansi root) 5gm
- Maghz Badam Sheereen (Prunus amygdalus fruit kernel) 3gm
- Maghz Chilghoza (Pinus gerardiana fruit kernel) 2 ¼gm
- Tukhme Khurfa (Portulaca oleracea seed) 2 ¼gm
- Tabasheer (Bambusa arundinasia dried exudate on node) 2gm
- Samagh Arabi (Acacia arabica gum) 2gm
- Bazrulbanj (Hyoscyamus albus seed) 2gm
- Beikh Luffah (Atropa belladonna root) 2gm
- Jaifal (Myristica fragrance fruit) 2gm
- Roghan Balsan (Balsamodendron opobalsamum oil) 10 ml
- Misri (sugar cubes) 10gm
Preparation: Make powder of all drugs. Mix oil in powder and ground with Aqua Rosa and make tablet.
Jadwar (Delphinium denudatum root), is used in Unani as Brain tonic (Muqavvi Dimagh), Heart tonic (Muqavvi Qalb), Demulcent (Mulattiff), Antipyretic (Dafe Huma), Antispasmodic (Dafe Tashannuj), Emmenagogue (Mudir Hez) and Antidote. It is a Deobstruent, and removes the obstruction in form of thick or sticky secretion or any other form. It has cooling action and gives relief in burning sensation, palpitation of heart and thirst. It is a tonic for nerves. Jadwar is indicated in numbness, poisoning, addiction of opium, weakness of heart, all kind of pain and in lack of stamina.
Zafran or saffron stimulates central nervous system and exhibits aphrodisiac properties.
Tabasheer or Bamboo Manna, is known as Vamsalochana in Ayurveda. It is the siliceous concretion (SiO2) found in the joints of the female bamboo. It has sweet, cooling, tonic, expectorant, haemostatic, aphrodisiac, diuretic and anti-cough properties. It is useful in cough, consumption, asthma, bronchitis, fever and low libido.
Tabasheer improves sexual health and cures sexual disorders.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Habbe Jadwar
- Sexual Weakness
- Spermatorrhoea or involuntary ejaculation
- Oligospermia (deficiency of sperm cells in the semen)
- Cold and cough (Nazla)
Dosage of Habbe Jadwar
The recommended dosage is 1 or 2 pills (depending on condition) in the morning and evening with milk.