Sutshekhar Ras is a herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. There are two formulation of Sutshekhar Ras. Sutshekhar Ras No. 1 with Gold (Sswarnayukt) and Sutshekhar Ras Sadha (Sadharan, without gold). Both have same composition except Sutshekhar Ras No. 1 with Gold, contains extra ingredient Gold. Both are used for same therapeutic uses. Sutshekhar Ras No. 1 with Gold gives strength to heart and brain due to presence of Swarn Bhasma.
Sutshekhar Ras is used in Ayurveda for treatment of diseases that occur due to vitiation of pitta and Vata dosha. It is especially useful in hyperacidity or Amlapitta (condition in which the level of acid in the gastric juices is excessive, causing discomfort). Hyperacidity causes acid reflux, burping, hiccups, nausea, pain and burning in abdomen etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Sutshekhar Ras
- Shuddha Suta (Shudha Parada) 1 Part
- Shuddha Gandhak 1 Part
- Svarna bhasma 1 Part
- Raupya Bhasma 1 Part
- Shudhha Suhaga 1 Part
- Shunthi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Marica (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Unmatta bija (Shuddha Dhattura) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Tamra bhasma 1 Part
- Dalchini 1 Part
- Patra (Tejapatra) (Lf.) 1 Part
- Ela (Sd.) 1 Part
- NagakeShara (Adr.) 1 Part
- Shankhabhasma 1 Part
- Bilva majja (Bilva) (Fr.P.) 1 Part
- Kacoraka (Karcura) (Rz.) 1 Part
- Bhringaraja svarasa (Pl.) Q. S. for mardana
Shudh Parad and Shudh Gandhak are blended to form a Kajjali. Swarn Bhasma, Shudh Tankan, Shunthi, Shudh Dhattura Beej Churna, Tamra Bhasma, Dalchini, Tamalpatra, Ela, Nagkeshar, Shankh Bhasma, Bilva majja and Karchur are mixed with the Kajjali to form a fine blend. The Kajjali mixture is processed with Bhringraaj Swaras for 21 days till a uniform blend is achieved. Everyday fresh Swaras is added. This formulation is called Sutshekhar Ras.
Benefits of Sutshekhar Ras
- It gives relief in hyperacidity and cough.
- It pacifies Vata and pitta.
- In dry cough its (with gold) use with Sitopaladi churna cures he disease.
- It (with gold) gives strength to heart.
- It binds the stool.
- It improves digestion.
- It gives relief in pain.
- It works gradually but cures the disease effectively.
Uses of Sutshekhar Ras
- Amlapitta (Dyspepsia)
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Gulma (Abdominal lump)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Atisara (Diarrhoea)
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Agnimandya (Digestive impairment)
- Hikka (Hiccup)
- Udavarta (Condition in which threre is upward movement of vayu)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis)
- Vaman (Vomiting)
- Migraine attacks with vomiting
- Dizziness, insomnia, burning sensation and other symptoms due to excessive pitta/acid
Dosage of Sutshekhar Ras
125 mg to 250 mg twice a day with honey (3 gm) and desi ghee (1.5 gm) after meal. Honey and ghee should not be in equal quantities. Or take as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Sootshekhar Ras No.1 With Gold & Sutshekhar Ras (Raupya Bhasma Yukt)), Dabur (Sutshekhar Ras Gold), Unjha (Sutshekhar Ras), Zandu (Sutshekhar Rasa Sada), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Sootashekhar Rasa, SuvarnKalpa), Rasashram (Suvarna Sutshekhar Rasa), Manil (Sootshekhar Ras), Siddhivinayak (Sutshekhar Ras) many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.