Table of Contents
Sarivadyasava is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine. It is dark brown fermented liquid preparation, astringent in taste and has blood purifying property.
Sarivadyasava is indicated in the treatment of all twenty type of Prameha, diabetes, gout, painful urination, boils, skin diseases etc. It purifies blood and urine and removes body toxins. In brain related problems, Sarivadyasav is used in combination with other medicines. This medicine effectively treats urinary problems such as scanty urination, dysuria, sujak etc.
This medicine is referenced from Ayurvedic treatise Bhaishajya Ratnavali, and is indicated in Bahumutra rogadhikar.
Here is given more about Sarivadyasava such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Sarivadyasava
Sarivadyasava is a fermented liquid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 percent, and not less than 5 percent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
- Sariva (Shveta Sariva) Hemidesmus indicus Rt. 192 g
- Mustaka (Musta) Cyperus rotundus Rz. 192 g
- Lodhra Symplocos racemosa St. Bk. 192 g
- Nyagrodha Ficus bengalensis St. Bk. 192 g
- Pippala (Ashvattha) Ficus religiosa Fr. 192 g
- Shati Hedychium spicatum Rz. 192 g
- Ananta (Shveta Sariva) Hemidesmus indicus Rt. 192 g
- Padmaka Prunus cerasoides St. 192 g
- Bala (Hrivera) Coleus vettiveroides Rt. 192 g
- Patha Cissampelos pareira Rt. 192 g
- Dhatri (Amalaki) Emblica officinalis P. 192 g
- Guducika (Guduci) Tinospora cordifolia St. 192 g
- Ushira Vetiveria zizanioides Rt. 192 g
- Shveta Candana Santalum album Ht. Wd. 192 g
- Rakta Candana Pterocarpus santalinus Ht. Wd. 192 g
- Yamani (Yavani) Trachyspermum ammi Fr. 192 g
- Katurohini (Katuka) Picrorhiza kurroa Rz. 192 g
- Patra (Tejapatra) Cinnamomum tamala Lf. 192 g
- Sukshmaila Elettaria cardamomum Sd. 192 g
- Kushtha Saussurea lappa Rt. 192 g
- Svarnapatri Cassia angustifolia Lf. 192 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 192 g
- Jala Water 24.576 l
- Guda Jaggery 14.4 kg
- Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa Fl. 480 g
- Draksha Vitis vinifera Dr. Fr. 2.8 kg
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;St.=Stem;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Method of preparation:
Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
Wash, dry and powder the ingredients numbered 1 to 23 of the formulation composition and pass through the sieve number 44 to obtain a coarse powder.
Wash and clean the ingredient numbered 27 of the formulation composition.
Add the specified amount of water to the ingredient number 25 of the formulation composition, allow to dissolve and filter through the muslin cloth.
Transfer the filtrate to a clean container;add Dhataki, Draksha and other coarsely powdered drugs. Seal the mouth of the container.
Shift the container to the fermentation room and constantly check for the signs of completion of the fermentation process.
Filter the fermented material through a clean muslin cloth.
Pack in airtight containers and allow for maturation.
Description: Clear, dark brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation;with an astringent taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in a tightly closed amber colored bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Benefits of Sarivadyasava
- It is Raktashodak (Blood Purifier).
- It is Raktaprasadak (improves blood circulation).
- It has main action on urinary system.
- It is useful in curing diseases of reproductive system.
- It is helpful in helping favoring regeneration of bone tissue.
- It increases cellular components of blood especially blood platelets
- It is useful in Pittaj Jwara like Dengue fever.
- It improves digestion and assimilation.
- Therapeutic uses of Sarivadyasava
- Sarivadyasava is indicated in diabetes, urinary problems and joint pain.
- Meha (excessive flow of urine)
- Prameha (increased frequency and turbidity of urine)
- Prameha pidaka (carbuncle)
- Upadansa (syphilis)
- Bhagandar (fistula-in-ano)
- Rakta-vikikar (disorders of blood)
- Daurbalya (weakness)
- Agnimandya (digestive impairment)
- Different skin diseases with burning sensation
The Dosage of Sarivadyasav
15 – 30 ml orally with an equal amount of water after meals, twice a day, or as directed by physician. This medicine can be safely taken for 2-3 months.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Sariwadyasava, Sandu, Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala Saribadyasavam, Kottakkal Saribadyasavam, Arya Vaidya Sala Saribadyasavam, Kerala Ayurveda Saribadyasavam and some other pharmacies.