Table of Contents
Sarivadyarista is Ayurvedic herbal medicine made with blend of many herbs which are used to treat blood infection, skin diseases, indigestion and other disorders. It is herbal liquid medicine based on Asava Arishtha principle of Ayurveda.
Asava and Arishtha are Ayurvedic medicines prepared by fermentation. These are medicated spirituous liquors. Fermentation generates alcohol which in turn extracts the active constituent of medicinal herbs. The self-generated alcohol also helps in better and rapid absorption of drug in body. All Asava and Arishtha possess common property of being stomachic, stimulant, astringent and tonic.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Classical Medicine manufactured by many pharmacies.
- Nature of Product: Self-generated alcoholic preparation
- Synonyms: Sariwadyarist, Sarivadyarishta, Sarivadyarishta
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
Ingredients of Sarivadyarishta
The principle ingredient of this formation is Sariva. Sariva is Ayurvedic name given to herb Hemidesmus indicus. It is also known as Sarsaparilla (English) and Arakkam, Aritinviyachi (Tamil). It is a perennial, semi-shrubby twiner with a woody rootstock and numerous, very long, prostrate or ascending, whip-like stems, slightly twining cylindrical, thickened at nodes.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action of Sariva
Sariva is bitter, sweet in taste (Rasa), sweet after digestion (Vipaka), and is cool in effect (Virya). It is a Sheet Virya herb. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb, subdues Pitta (Bile) and Vata (Wind). Sheet Virya herb gives nourishment to body and steadiness. It supports building of body fluids.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Tikta (Bitter), Madhura (Sweet)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Guru (Heavy), Snigdha (Unctuous)
- Virya (Action): Shita (Cooling)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
It is Madhur Vipak (digests into sweet) and has building, moistening and nourishing effect on body. It is heavy to digest and reduces metabolism. Such herbs are cooling and reduce swelling, decreases Pitta and have Anabolic effect on body.
Usually the root of Sariva is used but in some cases whole plant is used. The root of plant is cooling, antipyretic, alexiteric (resistance to poison) and anti-diarrheal. Sariva is very useful in treating abdominal problems, skin diseases, bone ailments, respiratory disorders, urinary infections and some types of fever. This herb is also effective in blood disorders, burning sensation, piles and eye troubles.
Benefits of Sarivadyarishta
- It has anti-inflammatory action.
- It is alterative.
- It is tonic.
- It reduces Pitta.
- It detoxifies blood.
- It is cooling in action and hence gives relief in diseases caused due to excessive heat inside body.
- It gives relief in itching, irritation and inflammation.
- It shows beneficial effect in pain, swelling in rheumatism.
- It should be used in carbuncles, syphilis and other skin conditions.
- It improves digestion and assimilation.
- It removes toxins from the body.
- It relieves inflammation-burning sensation and is also helpful for third or fourth stages of syphilis.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Sarivadyarishta
- Blood infection
- Burning sensation in hands, feet
- Rheumatic pain
- Skin diseases
Dosage of Sarivadyarishta
- It is Asava-Arishta type of medicine of Ayurveda.
- It is taken in dose of 12 ml to 24 ml ONCE or TWICE daily.
- It is taken after mixing with equal amount of water.
- It can be taken after having breakfast and dinner.
- Or should be taken as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
Shake well before use and store away from direct sunlight.
This is herbal medicine. Therefore, it is safe to take and does not have any known side-effects.
It contains raisins and jaggery (used while preparation). Therefore, it is not suitable for diabetic person.
It contains self-generated Alcohol not more than 11.0% v/v.
For hyperacidity, take along with other cooling medicines.
Do not expect magic. Ayurvedic medicines takes time to correct the condition as they work on the root cause of the problem. Also try to find the real cause of ailment.
As a general rule, do not give any herbal medicine which is meant to be used by adult person to children without consulting doctor.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
Pharmacies Making Sarivadyarishta
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine are given below:
- 680 ml 162.00
- 450 ml 118.00
- 225 ml 71.00
and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.