Sarivadyarista is an Ayurvedic herbal medicine made with a blend of many herbs which are used to treat blood infection, skin diseases, indigestion, and other disorders. It is a herbal liquid medicine based on Asava Arishtha principle of Ayurveda.
Asava and Arishtha are Ayurvedic medicines prepared by fermentation. These are medicated spirituous liquors. Fermentation generates alcohol which in turn extracts the active constituent of medicinal herbs. The self-generated alcohol also helps in better and rapid absorption of the drug in the body. All Asava and Arishtha possess the common property of being stomachic, stimulant, astringent and tonic.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Classical Medicine manufactured by many pharmacies.
- Nature of Product: Self-generated alcoholic preparation
- Synonyms: Sariwadyarist, Sarivadyarishta, Sarivadyarishta
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
Ingredients of Sarivadyarishta
Sariva, Motha, Lodhara, bat chhal, Pipalbark, Kachur, Padmakastha, Patha, Sugandhabala, Giloy, Ushier, Chandan, Ajwain, Ela, Tejpatta, Senna, Haritaki, Munakka, Dhataki and Jaggery
The principle ingredient of this formation is Sariva. Sariva is an Ayurvedic name given to herb Hemidesmus indicus. It is also known as Sarsaparilla (English) and Arakkam, Aritinviyachi (Tamil). It is a perennial, semi-shrubby twiner with a woody rootstock and numerous, very long, prostrate or ascending, whip-like stems, slightly twining cylindrical, thickened at nodes.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action of Sariva
Sariva is bitter, sweet in taste (Rasa), sweet after digestion (Vipaka), and is cool in effect (Virya). It is a Sheet Virya herb. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb subdues Pitta (Bile) and Vata (Wind). Sheet Virya herb gives nourishment to the body and steadiness. It supports the building of body fluids.
- Rasa (taste on the tongue): Tikta (Bitter), Madhura (Sweet)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Guru (Heavy), Snigdha (Unctuous)
- Virya (Action): Shita (Cooling)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
It is Madhur Vipak (digests into sweet) and has a building, moistening and a nourishing effect on the body. It is heavy to digest and reduces metabolism. Such herbs are cooling and reduce swelling, decreases Pitta and have Anabolic effect on the body.
Usually, the root of Sariva is used but in some cases, the whole plant is used. The root of the plant are a cooling, antipyretic, alexiteric (resistance to poison) and anti-diarrheal. Sariva is very useful in treating abdominal problems, skin diseases, bone ailments, respiratory disorders, urinary infections and some types of fever. This herb is also effective in blood disorders, burning sensation, piles, and eye troubles.
Benefits of Sarivadyarishta
- It has an anti-inflammatory action.
- It is alterative.
- It is a tonic.
- It reduces Pitta.
- It detoxifies the blood.
- It is cooling in action and hence gives relief in diseases caused due to excessive heat inside the body.
- It gives relief in itching, irritation, and inflammation.
- It shows a beneficial effect on pain, swelling in rheumatism.
- It should be used in carbuncles, syphilis and other skin conditions.
- It improves digestion and assimilation.
- It removes toxins from the body.
- It relieves inflammation-burning sensation and is also helpful for the third or fourth stages of syphilis.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Sarivadyarishta
- Blood infection
- Burning sensation in hands, feet
- Rheumatic pain
- Skin diseases
The Dosage of Sarivadyarishta
- It is Asava-Arishta type of medicine of Ayurveda.
- It is taken in a dose of 12 ml to 24 ml ONCE or TWICE daily.
- It is taken after mixing with an equal amount of water.
- It can be taken after having breakfast and dinner.
- Or should be taken as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
Shake well before use and store away from direct sunlight.
This is herbal medicine. Therefore, it is safe to take and does not have any known side-effects.
It contains raisins and jaggery (used while preparation). Therefore, it is not suitable for a diabetic person.
It contains self-generated Alcohol not more than 11.0% v/v.
For hyperacidity, take along with other cooling medicines.
Do not expect magic. Ayurvedic medicines take time to correct the condition as they work on the root cause of the problem. Also, try to find the real cause of the ailment.
As a general rule, do not give any herbal medicine which is meant to be used by an adult person to children without consulting doctor.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
Pharmacies Making Sarivadyarishta
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- 680 ml 162.00
- 450 ml 118.00
- 225 ml 71.00
and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.
It can be kill syphilis permanently?
yes, take it for atleast for 3 months
Does this syrup have any expiry date
Ashaw and arishtha don’t have any expiry. Older is better.