Saraswatarishtam is an Ayurvedic nerve tonic used in epilepsy, Mental disorder, Memory weakness and other mind related disorders. Saraswatarishta ingredients are combination of anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune stimulant that help in memory-enhancing.
The main ingredient of this medicine is Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) which is used as a tranquillizer, nerve Tonic, diuretic and blood purifier. Brahmi is used for improving memory and intelligence. It clears voice and improves digestion. It is given to treat anemia, diabetes, cough, dropsy, fever, arthritis, anorexia, dyspepsia, emaciation, and insanity. Brahmi is astringent, bitter, sweet, cooling, laxative, intellect promoting, anodyne, carminative, digestive, anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, depurative, cardiotonic, bronchodialator, diuretic, emmenagogue, sudorfic, febrifuge and tonic. For the medicinal purpose whole plant is used.
Saraswatarishtam is useful for all age groups. It provides strength to heart muscles as well as improves blood supply to heart muscles. It is helpful in condition of memory loss due to any cause. It is a nerving tonic and has special effect on the central nervous system.
Benefits of Saraswatarishta
- It promotes intelligence. It is a Medhya Rasayana (Cognition enhancer).
- It is an appetizer, an anti-anxiety and a rejuvenator.
- It improves total mental ability.
- Its daily use promotes brain sharpness.
- It cures mental diseases.
- It is also useful in problems related to speech such as stammering, hoarseness of voice, etc.
- Its use cures digestive and bowel problems
- It is useful in sexual debility, seminal weakness and general debility.
- It is useful in menstrual disorders.
- It is alterative, tonic and relaxes nervous system.
Therapeutic use of Saraswatarishta
Saraswatarishta is a brain tonic. It is useful in the treatment of various memory related, speech and mental ailments. It balances vata, Pitta and kapha inside the body. It is a cooling in nature. Its intake increases intelligence, strength, memory and sharpness. It is a tonic that gives strength to heart. It is also used to cure menstrual and semen related disorders. It especially works on nervous system and brain.
It is safe to use and can be given to children for improving intelligence.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Dementia, loss of memory
- Used in convulsions
- Nervous debility
- Insomnia, lack of sleep, depression
- Seminal weakness
The Dose of Saraswatarishta
12-24 ml with an equal quantity of water.
For children the dose is 5-10 ml.
Composition of Saraswatarishta
Water for Decoction
12.288 liter reduced to 3.072 liter
सोने की पत्ती
Saraswatarishta is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan, Kotakkal (Saraswatarishtam), Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited, and some other pharmacies.
Where to Buy
You can by this medicine from medical store or online.