Table of Contents
Pradarantaka Ras is a herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine referenced from Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Stri-rogadhikara. It is a Ras Aushadhi. Mercury is known as Rasa in Ayurveda and medicines that are prepared using purified mercury, purified Sulphur, bhasma etc. are named as Ras aushadhi (Mercurial Preparations).
Para, Parad, Rasa or mercury is a heavy metal that remains liquid at room temperature. It is used in Ayurveda only after proper detoxification as per classical Ayurvedic texts. Parad is ingredient of numerous medicines due to its powerful medicinal properties. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Ras aushadhi (Parad containing medicine) are fast acting. They nourishes whole body and has tonic, aphrodisiac, rejuvenative, anti-aging, wound-healer, and antimicrobial effect. The combination of mercury with other medicinal ingredients enhances the therapeutic efficacy of medicine due to Yogvahi property of parad.
This medicine is indicated in treatment of gynecological disorders, Pradar.
Pradarantak Ras contains purified mercury and Sulphur and bhasma of silver, vang, iron, cowries and Kharpara. It is processed in aloe vera juice. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Pradarantak Ras
- Shuddha Parada 6 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka 6 g
- Shuddha Vanga bhasma 6 g
- Rupyaka/Rajata bhasma 6 g
- Kharpara bhasma 6 g
- Kapardika bhasma 6 g
- Lauha churna bhasma 36 g
- Kumari Q. S. for mardana one day
Benefits of Pradarantak Ras
- It cures female disorders and anemia.
- It gives strength to uterus and ovary.
- It gives relief in abnormal discharge from vagina, low appetite, digestive impairment, low fever, weakness, irritability and pain in vagina, lower back and pelvic.
Uses of Pradarantak Ras
This medicine is used in treatment of Pradar rog.
What is Pradar Rog?
- Pradar means abnormal discharge from vagina. It includes Shwet pradar and Rakta pradar.
- Shwet pradar is leucorrhoea or white discharge. Leucorrhoea is defined as a whitish or yellowish discharge of mucus from the vagina. It can be broadly divided into physiologic leucorrhea which occur due to estrogen stimulation (in puberty, pregnancy) and inflammatory leucorrhea which occur due to certain infection. Leucorrhea that occurs due to infection should be treated using medicines.
- Rakta pradar means abnormal bleeding from vagina and includes menorrhagia and metrorrhagia.
Dosage of Pradarantak Ras
1 or 2 tablets twice a day after meal with water or milk or Amla juice + honey or as directed byphysician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Pradarantak Ras), Dabur (of Pradarantak Ras) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Ayurvedic medicines containing heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.