Table of Contents
Phyto Femigen is manufactured by S.G. Phyto Pharma Pvt. Ltd. It is an Ayurvedic medicine containing eight herbal ingredients and Kasis Bhasma. It is used to treat non-specific Leucorrhoea. It has astringent, cooling, alterative, and nutritional properties.
What is leucorrhoea?
Definition: Leucorrhea or leucorrhoea, is flow of a whitish, yellowish, or greenish discharge from the vagina or uterine cavity. It may be normal or that may be a sign of infection.
It is normal to have fluid discharge from vagina. This fluid is produced by the vaginal glands and cervix. It serves important purpose of cleaning the female reproductive organs by carrying away dead cells and bacteria which helps to prevent infection.
Normal vaginal discharge is clear to a milky white in color. It is more during ovulation, breastfeeding and sex. Normal vaginal fluid does not have odor.
But, if discharge is excessive, smelly, and contains pus it is sign of infection and needs treatment. In such condition, there is irritation, itching, pain, or tissue inflammation in vagina. Leucorrhoea is the term used for a whitish or yellowish discharge of mucus from the vagina.
The causes of leucorrhea are trichomoniasis (the most common sexually transmitted disease;infection of the genital and urinary tract), candidiasis (infection caused by yeast Candida), and bacterial vaginosis (overgrowth of harmful anaerobic bacteria).
Leukorrhea may occur during pregnancy and is considered normal when the discharge is thin, white, and relatively odorless.
Physiologic leukorrhea is a normal condition occurring within several months to a year of the onset of menses in adolescent girls and is sometimes present in newborn girls, usually lasting one to two months.
Ingredients of Phyto Femigen
Each Femigen Capsule contains
- Ashok Saraca indica 30 mg
- Lodhra Symplocos racemosa 30 mg
- Babul Acacia arabica 30 mg
- Pandhari Savari Bombax pentandrum 30 mg
- Daruhaladi Berberis aristata 30 mg
- Amra Bark Mangifera Indica 30 mg
- Jammun Eugenia Jambolana 30 mg
- Mocharas Bombax malbaricum 30 mg
- Kasis Bhasma Processed ferrous sulphate 30 mg
- Ashoka: it is a strong astringent, tonic and uterine sedative. It has direct action on muscular fibers of uterus. It stimulates endometrium and ovarian tissue.
- Lodhra: it is mild astringent and cooling. It stops uterine hemorrhages and abnormal secretion.
- Babul: it has astringent, tonic, demulcent action.
- Semal: it is tonic, alterative, astringent and laxative.
- Daruhaladi it is tonic, stomachic, astringent, antiperiodic and alterative.
- Amra bark: it is astringent and tonic and arrests internal bleeding.
- Jamun: it is potent astringent.
- Mocharas: it is astringent and styptic.
- Kasis bhasm: it treats anorexia, improves digestion, and improves nutritional supplementation.
Benefits of Phyto Femigen
- It is an herbal medicine containing bark of Ashok bark, Lodhra bark, Mango, Jamun etc.
- It effectively treats leucorrhoea/white discharge.
- It gives relief in symptoms of white discharge.
Uses of Phyto Femigen
- Pain in back, pelvis, weakness due to excessive discharge from vagina
Dosage of Phyto Femigen
2 Capsules twice a day after meal with water or as directed by physician.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.