Malkangni or Celastrus paniculatus is medicinal vine native to India. It is also known as Kangani, Jyotishmati, Sphutabandhani, Svarnalota, Black-Oil plant, Intellect tree. Its seeds give around 52% oil by weight on processing.
Malkangni Taila or oil is prepared by cold pressing these seeds. This oil is also known as Celastrus oil, or Jyotishmati oil. This has stimulating effect on the brain. It is used to treat brain related disorders. Celastrus is given name Jyotishmati because of its effect on intellect.
Uses of Malkangani oil
- The oil extracted from Celastrus seeds has stimulating effect on the brain. It is a brain tonic which Improves memory, concentration and learning. It also improves memory retention.
- It is useful in cognitive dysfunction.
- This oil gives relief in mental fatigue, stress, and depression.
Malkangani oil has expectorant properties and used to cure cough, and asthma.
- This oil has anti-arthritic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities. It is used for treating Inflammation of muscles and joints, including rheumatism, gout, paralysis.
- Malkangni oil is also used for massaging externally in various vata rog like sciatica, lumbago, paralysis, arthritis and facial palsy.
- This oil has anti-oxidant and stomachic properties. It improves digestive function and appetite.
- Malkangni oi has stimulating effect on neuromuscular system. This oil can be applied on ulcers, wounds for quicker healing.
The Dosage of Malkangani tel
2- 10 drops twice a day with milk.