Badam rogan is oil extracted from almonds, This oil is extracted by cold pressing and is known as Almond oil. In Unani medicine system, it is known as Rogan Badam Shirin. Almonds contain about 40-50 percent of oil. It rich in vitamin E, vitamin D, calcium and magnesium. Vitamin E acts as antioxidant and improves blood circulation.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview
- 2 Medicinal Properties of Almond oil
- 3 Remedies of Almond Oil
- 3.1 Great remedy for hair problems
- 3.2 Useful in headache
- 3.3 Good for the skin./h3> Badam rogan contains zinc, folic acid, vitamin E (in alpha-tocopherol form) and essential oils (Palmitic Acid, Stearic acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleic acid) due to which it effectively treats skin disorders. Regular oral intake improves skin health. It nourishes skin and keeps it soft and healthy. You can apply this oil on atopic dermatitis, eczema, acne, sunburn, psoriasis, dry skin and chapped lips.It is excellent moisturizer and lubricant that prevents the skin from drying and treats chapped and peeling skin. You can use it externally on skin allergies and to treat minor cuts and wounds. You can use almond oil for the skin massaging. It is without any greasy effect and gets absorbed in skin. Almond oil nourishes, revitalizes, protects, soothes and lubricates the skin.Other Health Benefits of badam rogan
Common names: Badam tel/tail, Almond oil, Badam Rogan, Rogan Badam Shirin
Ingredient of Almond oil: Each ml of Almond oil, contains oil of sweet almond kernels obtained by crushing.
Appearance of oil: Clear, golden-yellow oil with a sweet taste. It is lightweight, golden-yellow edible oil that is good for the skin. hairs and overall health. It can be applied topically on skin for treating skin problems. You can apply it topically for lightening dark circles and stretch marks. This is great remedy to treat hair related problems. Internally it is tonic that improves health.
Medicinal Properties of Almond oil
Almond oil is antioxidant, restorative (restores health, strength, or well-being), demulcent (relieves irritation of the mucous membranes in the mouth by forming a protective film), anodyne (pain relieving), sudorific (sweat causing) and slightly laxative. It is an excellent moisturizer and lubricant.
Almond oil contains 95 percent unsaturated and only 5 percent saturated fatty acids. In which 77 percent is oleic acid;17 percent linoleic acid;4.5 percent plamitic and 1 percent is myristic acid.
Almond oil contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E, D, minerals, protein, biotin, zinc and folic acid.
Remedies of Almond Oil
Use of Almond oil orally and topically is very useful in curing internal and external dryness. Here is how the use of this nut oil is beneficial for health. It can be used by any age group.
Great remedy for hair problems
- The various problems related to hairs such as hair fall, breakage, dandruff can be solved by using it. It is very good for any type of hair.
- With badam rogan head massage can be done. Leave it for 45 mins to one hour in hair then wash. This can be done twice a week. This gives nourishment to hairs.
Useful in headache
Almond oil is useful in head pain (migraine). Put 3-4 drop in each nostril and suck this gives relief from head pain. Believe me it works like magic in migraine headache.