Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras is a herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. It contains Ayurvedic Bhasma of Swarn (Gold), Abhrak, Tamra, Vang, and other herbal ingredients. It is great remedy for treating excessive phlegm and respiratory ailments. It detoxifies body and gives strength to heart, lung, and intestine. Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras is indicated in tonsillitis, sinusitis, swelling of lymph nodes and throat disorders. When chronic condition, weakens the patient it is given with Mandura. Intake of this medicine gives cures all type of pain and debility.
It is a Ras Aushadhi. Mercury is known as Rasa in Ayurveda and medicines that are prepared using purified mercury, purified Sulphur, Bhasma etc. are named as Ras Aushadhi (Mercurial Preparations). Para, Parad, Rasa or mercury is a heavy metal that remains liquid at room temperature. It is used in Ayurveda only after proper detoxification as per classical Ayurvedic texts. Parad is ingredient of numerous medicines due to its powerful medicinal properties. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Ras Aushadhi (Parad containing medicine) are fast acting. They nourishes whole body and has tonic, aphrodisiac, rejuvenative, anti-aging, wound-healer, and antimicrobial effect. The combination of mercury with other medicinal ingredients enhances the therapeutic efficacy of medicine due to Yogvahi property of Parad.
In preparation of Ras Aushadhi/medicine first Kajjali is made from purified Parad and Gandhak. As these medicines contain heavy metals, it is better to take them as prescription drugs.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Benefits of Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras
- It improves immunity to fight infections.
- It gives strength and cures general debility caused by disease.
- It reduces phlegm and cures respiratory ailments.
- It is useful in various cardiovascular disorders.
- It supports proper functioning of heart, lungs and intestine.
- It gives relief in sinusitis, tonsillitis, throat diseases, heart diseases and intestinal diseases.
- It protects heart.
Ingredients of Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras
- Vajrabhra churna Bhasma (Abhraka) 48 g
- Gandhaka Shuddha 24 g
- Vanga Bhasma 12 g
- Parada Shuddha 24 g
- Harital Shuddha 6 g
- Tamra Bhasma 3 g
- Karpura (Sub.Ext.) 6 g
- Jatikosha (Jatiphala) (Ar.) 6 g
- Jatiphala (Sd.) 6 g
- Vriddhadaruka bija (Vriddhadaruka) (Sd.) 12 g
- Svarna (Sd.) 12 g
- Svarna Bhasma 3 g
Abhrak Bhasma is the calcination of the mineral, mica. It is an established Rasayana (Rejuvenative tonic, nourishes all Dhatu and builds Ojas, promotes longevity by preventing aging and by making the body young again) of Ayurveda.
Abhrak Bhasma contains iron as major element and magnesium, potassium, calcium, and aluminum in traces. It is a broad spectrum medicine effective in treatment of acidity, respiratory ailments, anemia, hepatitis, viral hepatitis, sex debility, azoospermia etc. Abhraka Bhasma It is a wonder drug due to its curative property in various ailments.
Swarna Bhasma, is incinerated gold. It is considered elixir. It is a Rasayana. It gives complexion, strength, and cures diseases caused by vitiation of Vata-Pitta -Kapha. It is used in management of Visha or poisoning. Swarn bhasma is used in treatment of T.B., fever, cough, worms, low appetite, diseases of eyes, weakness of heart and poisoning.
Tamra Bhasma is incinerated copper. It is indicated in fever, anemia, asthma, cough, emaciation, digestive weakness, spasmodic pain, diabetes, piles, rhinorrhea, and liver disorders.
Vang Bhasma is incinerated tin. It is aphrodisiac, rejuvenator, appetizer, and gives strength. It cures diseases caused by vitiation of Kapha and pitta. It cures cough, worms, asthma, and oligospermia.
Uses of Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras
Important Therapeutic Uses
- Kasa (Cough)
- Pinasa (Chronic rhinitis/sinusitis)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis)
- Amavata (Rheumatism)
- Vajikarana (Aphrodisiac)
- Gala Roga (Diseases of throat), lymphadenopathy
- Antra Vriddhi (Hernia)
- Kushtha (Diseases of skin), non-healing wounds
- Atisara (Diarrhoea)
- Prameha (Urinary disorders)
- Shlipada (Filariasis)
- Vrana (Ulcer)
- Nadivrana (Fistula)
- Bhagandara (Fistula-in-ano)
- Arsha (Hemorrhoids)
- Udara (Diseases of abdomen/ enlargement of abdomen)
- Raktavikara (Disorders of blood)
- Stri roga (Gynaecological disorders)
- Tvagroga (Skin disease)
- Nasa Roga (Disease of nose)
- Netraroga (Eye disorder)
- Mukha Roga (Disease of mouth)
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
Dosage of Maha laxmi Vilas Ras
1 or 2 tablets twice a day. The adjuvant or anupan with which medicine should be taken depends on diseases to be treated. It should be taken with following adjuvants:-
- Heart palpitation, heart pain and in balance of heart beating: Arjuna bark Kwath or Arjunarishta.
- Sinusitis: Triphala decoction.
- Chronic Coryza: Mulethi powder and ghee, honey mixed unequal quantity.
- Tuberculosis/ Kshaya roga: Chausath Prahri Pippal + Honey.
- Prameha, Impotency, Spermatorrhoea: Shilajita + Milk.
- Vitiation of Tridosha: Betel leaf juice.
- Rheumatism: Dashmoola Kwath.
- Diseases of abdomen: Punarnava Ras.
- Diarrhea, Dysentery: Dry ginger powder + honey.
- Cold, coryza: Betel leaf juice.
- Fever due to cough: ginger juice + Honey.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Mahalakshmi Vilas Ras With Gold/ Jhansi Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras With Gold), Dabur (Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras With Gold), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Mahalaxmivilas Rasa Suvarnakalpa) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.