Lodhrasava is a classical herbal Ayurvedic medicine. It is a fermented liquid preparation manufactured according to classical formula. It contains not more than 10 percent, and not less than 5 percent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
Lodhrasava is used for treating urinal and uterine disorders. It is proven female tonic and useful in all sorts of gynecological diseases.
In Lodhrasava, Lodhra (Symplocos racemose Roxb.) is the main ingredient. Lodhra has bitter, astringent, cooling action and prescribed for Gynecological disorders since ancient times.
This medicine is also known as Madhwasava and Lodhrasavam.
Ingredients of Lodhrasava
Each 12 grams,
Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Kachur, Pushkarmool, Ela, Murava, Vidanga, Amla, Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Ajwain, Chavya, Priyangu, Supari, Indrayan roots, Chirayta, Kutki, Bharangi, Tagar, Chitrak, Pippalamula, Kuth, Atis, Patha, Indrajau, Nagkesher, Indrayan, Nakhi, Tejpatra, Kali Mirch (or Dalchini), Motha
Honey or Jaggery
Benefits of Lodhrasava
- It is a proven female tonic.
- It cures menstrual disorders.
- It improves digestion.
- It removes toxins from blood.
- It gives relief in constipation.
- It gives strength to uterus.
- It has an astringent, alterative and stimulant properties.
- It is useful in the treatment of almost all sorts of Gynecological diseases.
- It is indicated in leucorrhoea and menstruation pain.
Uses of Lodhrasava
- Uterine tonic
- Prolapse of the uterus
- All types of gynecological problems
- Pradar (rakta pradar/menstrual problems, shwet pradar/leucorrhoea)
- Excessive menstruation, prolonged menstruation, painful menstruation
- Prameha/all types of the urinary disease, diabetes, obesity
- Skin diseases
- Grahani (sprue/malabsorption syndrome)
- Bleeding piles, diabetes
The Dosage of Lodhrasava
Recommended dosage of this medicine is 15 ml to 30 ml. It should be taken 30 minutes after food along with an equal amount of water. Treatment with this medicine should be continued for 3 months or more.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Lodhrasav), Dabur (Lodhrasava (Madhwasava)), Multani (Lodhrasava), Sandu (Lodhrasava), Kerala Ayurveda (Lodhrasavam), Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala (Lodhrasavam), Kottakkal (Lodhrasavam), AVP (Lodhrasavam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.