Lavangadi Vati is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form used for treating upper respiratory infections. It is demulcent, anti-inflammatory and expectorant in action. It gives relief in persistent cough, congestion and cold.
The chief ingredient of this medicine is clove. Clove has Kapha dosha balancing, antispasmodic, antiseptic and carminative properties. It reduces vata and kapha but increases pitta. It is hot in potency and commonly used to treat cold, cough, congestion, asthma, bronchitis, sore throat and indigestion. It increases blood pressure and pitta. Hence should be taken cautiously in high, pitta condition and high blood pressure.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Lavangadi Vati
- Laung (Syzgium aromaticum) – 10%
- Baheda (Terminalia bellirica) – 5%
- Peepal (Piper longum) – 5%
- Sagar tigal – 4%
- Kakara-shrangi (Pistacia integerrima) – 3%
- Darim-twak (Bark of Punica granatum) – 2%
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – 3%
- Khersar (Acacia catecha) – 14%
- Mulethi satva (Extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 26%
- Munakka (Vitis vinifera) – 14%
- Aak ke phul (Flowers of calotrophic procera) – 7%
- Nausader – 3%
- kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora) – 2%
- Suhaga – 2%
Benefits of Lavangadi Vati
- It cleanses the throat.
- It has demulcent, anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties.
- It loosens cough.
- It gives relief in difficult breathing, persistence coughing, congestion and associated symptoms.
- It has carminative action.
- It improves appetite and digestion.
Uses of Lavangadi Vati
- Lavangadi Vati is used for cough, colds, congestion, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Dyspnea (difficult breathing)
- Chest pain
- Irritation of throat
- Cough and cold
- Sore throat
Dosage of Lavangadi Vati
Chew 1 tablet 5-7 times a day at the interval of 2-3 hours or as advised by the physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Lawangadi Bati), Dabur (Lavangadi Vati), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Lavangadi Vati), Manil (Lawangadi Vati), BAFCO (Lavangadi Vati) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.