Shankhpushpi is a nootropic drug of Ayurveda. Nootropics are psychotropic drugs which have facilitatory effect on integrative functions of the CNS/central nervous system, intellectual performance, learning capability and memory. Shankhpushpi is useful in improving memory, intelligence, mood and behaviour. It is used alone or in combination of other medicinal herbs. Here is given dosage of such few Ayurvedic medicine.
- Fresh Juice of whole Shankhpushpi plant: 20-30 ml twice a day.
- Dried powder of whole Shankhpushpi plant: 3-6 grams twice a day.
- Shankhpushpi sharbat: 15-20 ml twice/thrice a day.
- Brahmi rasayan: 1 teaspoonful twice a day.
- Medhya rasayan: 5-10 grams twice a day.
- Saraswatarishta: 15-30 ml with equal quantity of water
- Shankhpushpi Taila/oil: for External use only. Apply on affected areas.