Table of Contents
Kamdudha Ras (with pearls) is an Ayurvedic medicine containing Moti pishti, Praval Pishti, Muktashuktipishti, Cowrie Bhasm, Shankh Bhasma, Geru and Giloy. It is a Pitta/Bile pacifying or Pittashamak medicine.
What is Pitta?
- In Ayurveda, Pitta pertains to fire and water elements and governs metabolism.
- It is situated between the stomach and the smaller intestine and digests all food and drink.
- Pitta is hot (ushna), light (laghu), quickly penetrating (Saram), liquid (Dravam), slightly viscid (Sneha), active (Teekshna), slightly foul smelling (Visrum).
- Pitta is the source of all internal heat including digestion, hunger, thirst, intelligence, imagination, understanding, memory etc.
- Its main function is to produce heat.
- The imbalance of Pitta causes burning sensation in the body, hyperacidity, sleeplessness, erratic digestion, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Excess of salty and acidic food can vitiate pitta.
- Astringent, sweet and bitter fruits and vegetables balances Pitta (e.g. patola, amla, honey, ghee).
- Kamdudha Ras Moti Yukt/with pearl is used for treating Amlapitta (hyperacidity), bleeding disorders (rakta pitta) and other pitta-vikar.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Kamdudha Ras Moti Yukt
- The complete list of Kamdudha Ras with Pearl in given below:
- Mukta pishti (pearl mytilus margaritiferus) 1 Part
- Praval (coral) Pishti 1 Part
- Shauktik Mauktik (Shell Mytilus margaritiferu) Pishti 1 Part
- Kapardik Bhasma (Calcinated and purified cypraea moneta shells) 1 Part
- Shankh Bhasma (Calcinated and purified turbinella rapa shells) 1 Part
- Shudh Gairik (Calcinated and purified ochre) 1 Part
- Guduchi Satva (Tinospora cordifolia extract) 1 Part
Benefits of Kamadudha Ras (Mauktik Yukta)
- It is useful in all pitta-vikar.
- It gives relief in bleeding disorders.
- It is cooling in nature.
- It pacifies excess pitta.
- It helps in faster wound healing.
- It gives relief in burning sensation due to excess pitta.
- It improves iron and calcium level in blood.
- It is mild and well tolerated.
Therapeutic Use of Kamdudha Ras Moti Yukt
- Disorder of Pitta Dosha
- Hyper acidity/Amlapitta, peptic ulcer
- Fever (Pitta jwar)
- Burning sensation
- Bleeding from nose, urethra, vagina, rectum etc (rakta pitta)
- Burning sensation in palms and soles, eyes, urination
- Bhrama (Vertigo)
- Somaroga (Polyuria in females)
- Pradar (Excessive vaginal discharge)
- Raktapitta (Bleeding disorder)
- Mukhapaka or Stomatitis
The Dosage of Kamdudha Ras Moti Yukt
250 mg twice a day after the meal with Mishri/Jeera powder/Amalki Churna or Ghrita or take as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Kamdudha Ras Moti Yukt), Dabur (Kamdudha Ras with Moti), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Kam Dudha Ras (A.F.I-II)), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Kamadugha with Mouktiky ukta Guti-Vati), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.