Kalmeghasava कालमेघासव is an Ayurvedic medicine containing Kalmegha, Giloy, Rohitaka bark, Kutaj, Trikatu, Dhataki, Lauha Bhasma, etc. It is useful in the treatment of all sorts of fevers, chronic malaria, typhoid, jaundice and dropsy. It improves Haemoglobin level and digestive strength. Kalmeghasava has the liver protective action and promotes proper functioning of the liver and spleen.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
Ingredients of Kalmeghasav
- Kalmegha Andrographis paniculata
- Giloy Tinospora cordifolia
- Saptparna Alstonia scholaris
- Kutki Picrorhiza kurroa,
- Karanj Pongamia pinnata,
- Kutaj Bark of Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa
- Loha Bhasma Iron calx
- Shunti Dry Ginger
- Maricha/ Kali Mirch Black pepper
- Pippali Long pepper
- Rohitaka Tecomella undulata
- Tej patta Cinnamomum tamala
- Dalchini Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Badi Elaichi (Amomum subulatum)
- Sharapunkha Tephrosia purpurea
- Aluva Aloe Vera
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula,
- Vibhitaki Terminalia bellirica
- Babul ki Chhal Acacia nilotic
The chief ingredient of this medicine is Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata Nees, family Acanthaceae). It is also known as great king of bitters, the creat, Kirata and Bhunimba. Kalmegha consists of the dried aerial parts, mainly stems and leaves. It is bitter in taste and have febrifuge, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, depurative, sudorific, anthelmintic, digestive, stomachic, Tonic, febrifuge, cholagogue and antiperiodic properties.
In Ayurveda Kalmegha is used in the treatment of treatment of fevers, worms, dysentery, the liver and digestive ailments. It is reported that it has some anti-typhoid and antibiotic activity.
It is also good for increasing bile flow and clearing the liver infections and inflammation. It balances Pitta, and Kapha. Kalmegha decoction is used for sluggishness of the liver and in jaundice. It is effective against chronic malaria, jaundice, anemia, bowel complaints and loss of appetite.
It protects the liver against damage. It hot in potency, burns ama, improves the liver function, stimulates bile flow, treats the liver-spleen disorders, and bacterial-viral infections. It cleanses body, improves appetite, and decreases Kapha.
Uses of Kalmeghasav
- It is useful in the fever of all type. It improves the liver-spleen function.
- It shows a beneficial effect in jaundice, hepatitis, enlargement of the liver-spleen, and other the liver disorders.
- Kalmeghasav improves digestion and nourishes all Dhatu.
The Dosage of Kalmeghasav
12-24 ml with an equal amount of water after meals, twice a day, or as directed by a physician.
Please note, the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs. It is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy.
Kalmegh is the chief ingredient of this medicine. Kalmegha may produce few side effects such as skin rash, headache, fatigue, metallic taste, diarrhea, and chest discomfort. Kalmegh should be taken with caution in patients taking anti-platelet or anticoagulant medication.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Unjha Ayurvedic Pharmacy (Kalmeghasava), Bharat Ayurveda (Kalmeghasava), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.