Diabecon is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine by Himalaya drug Company for non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Diabecon increases utilization of glucose and reduces blood sugar in blood. Diabecon contains various herbs Including Meshashringi, Jamun, Punarnava, Guggul, Giloy, Tulsi, Bhuiamla, Karela etc. It also contains Shilajeet, Vanga bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Pravala bhasma and Yashada bhasma. Here is given more about this medicine, such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Diabecon
- Exts. Meshashringi (Gymnema sylvestre) 30mg
- Pitasara (Pterocarpus marsupium) 20mg
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 20mg
- Saptarangi (Casearia esculenta) 20mg
- Jambu (Eugenia jambolana Syn. Syzygium cumini) 20mg
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) 20mg
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) 20mg
- Mundatika (Sphaeranthus indicus) 10mg
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) 10mg
- Kairata (Swertia chirata Syn. S.chirayita) 10mg
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) 10mg
- Bhumyaamlaki (Phyllanthus amarus) 10mg
- Gumbhari (Gmelina arborea) 10mg
- Karpasi (Gossypium herbaceum) 10mg
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) 5mg
- Kumari (Aloe vera Syn. A.barbadensis) 5mg
- Triphala 3mg
- Pdrs. Guggul (Commiphora wightii) (purified) 30mg
- Shilajeet (purified) 30mg
- Sushavi (Momordica charantia) 20mg
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) 10mg
- Vishnupriya (Ocimum sanctum Syn. O.tenuiflorum) 10mg
- Atibala (Abutilon indicum) 10mg
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) 10mg
- Jungli palak (Rumex maritimus) 5mg
- Vidangadi lauham 27mg
- Vanga bhasma 5mg
- Abhraka bhasma 10mg
- Pravala bhasma 10mg
- Akika pishti 5mg
- Shingraf 5mg
- Yashada bhasma 5mg
- Trikatu 5mg
Meshashringi/Madhunashin/Gymnema sylvestre is also known as Gurmar which means “destroyer of sugar”. Its principal constituent is gymnemic acid. It has antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, thermogenic, anodyne, the liver tonic, anthelminthic, laxative, cardiotonic, expectorant, antipyretic and uterine tonic activities. It has a regenerative effect on pancreatic beta cells. It reduces craving for sugar.
Shilajit is Asphaltum punjabianum. It is thermogenic, pungent and bitter mineral. It has diuretic, rejuvenative, nervine, alterative, and aphrodisiac property. It reduces vata and kapha inside the body. It works on all tissues of the body. In diabetes, it decreases hepatic glucose production. It has a protective action on b-cells of the pancreas.
Benefits of Diabecon in diabetes
- Diabecon is a mineral and herbs containing Ayurvedic medicine from Himalaya. It has the following benefits:
- Herbal medicine for diabetes
- Increase insulin secretion in the body
- Reduces high glucose content in the blood
- Increase hepatic and muscle glucagon contents
- Minimizes long term diabetic complications
- It has Antioxidant, Anti-hyperglycemic, lipid profile modulating and antidiabetic properties.
Therapeutic Uses of Diabecon
- Diabecon is useful in diabetes.
- In Non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, as a monotherapy or as an adjuvant to other oral antidiabetic drugs.
- Gives relief in Hyperlipidemia, early retinopathy, microalbuminuria due to diabetes.
- As an adjuvant in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
The Dosage of Diabecon
2 tablets thrice a day or as directed by physician.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.