Lauki or Ghiya is a green vegetable cultivated throughout India, Asia, Africa. In Indian kitchen this vegetable is very common due to its low price(not now days). In Indian kitchen lauki is used in a varsity of dishes like Vegetable dishes, Sweet dishes and salad/raita dishes.
But now days lauki consumption has been increased in India due to awareness of its medicinal and nutrient properties.
But before starting anything more I want to put warning for lauki use:
Some wild Lauki(Bottle Gourd) are very toxic in nature because it contains cucurbitacins which makes it taste bitter. So before consuming any bitter gourd you should taste its bitterness, if it tastes bitter then you should not use that bitter gourd because it may cause you serious health problems.?
Here are health benefits of lauki
– Lauki contains 96% water so it is very helpful in cooling body in summers, curing constipation, hydrating body after illness.
– Grated lauki juice is very healthy as it is full of vitamin C, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, etc. so it is very healthy for our overall health. One should drink fresh lauki juice in morning with lemon juice or with salt.
– One should drink fresh a glass of lauki juice twice daily for fast recovery from jaundice and it is also very good in improving lever functionality.
– Fresh lauki juice is full if fiber which controls our body carbohydrate and it controls high blood pressure and heart dieses.
– As it is full of liquid, fiber, Zink it improves our digestion like reduces acidity, cures constipation and improves overall digestion.
– If you are overweight and you wan to loose your weight then you should drink lauki juice as it is 96 percent water and provides just 12 calories per 100g of serving.
– Lauki is highly recommended for diabetic patients and children.