Dr. Ortho Capsules and Oil are polyherbal proprietary Ayurvedic medicines from SBS Biotech (Unit-II) Ayurvedic Division, Mouza Rampur Jattan, Himachal Pradesh. Dr. Ortho is used in management of painful and inflammatory conditions. Dr. Ortho Capsules are for oral intake and the Oil is applied externally on painful body areas. They are also helpful in chronic joint and knee pain.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Capsules
Each 500mg Capsule Contains Extracts of:
- Boswellia serrata (Kunduru) 40mg
- Commiphora mukul (Guggul Shuddh) 40mg
- Pluchea lanceolata (Rasna) 20mg
- Trigonella foenumgraecum (Methi) 150mg
- Zingiber officinale (Sunth) 150mg
- Withania Somnifera (Powder) (Ashwagandha) 40mg
- Purified Asphaltam (Shilajit Shudh) 30mg
- Strychnos nux-vomica (Vishamushti) 30mg
- M.P.S 1mg
- P.P.S 0.5mg
Gum-resin of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) has significant anti-inflammatory properties and is used in Ayurveda for treating osteoarthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, spondylitis and other inflammatory conditions. It reduces joint swelling, pain, stiffness and other symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Guggulu is highly effective in the treatment of Vata-vikar and inflammatory conditions. The gum resin contains guggul sterons Z and E, guggul sterols I-V, two diterpenoids- a terpene hydrocarbon named cembreneA and a diterpene alcohol- mukulol, a-camphrone and cembrene, long chain aliphatic tetrols- octadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol, eicosan-1,2,3,4-tetrol and nonadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol. Major components from essential oil of gum resin are myrcene and dimyrcene.
Guggulu is acrid, astringent, thermogenic, aromatic, expectorant, digestive, anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, anodyne, antiseptic, demulcent, carminative, emmenagogue, haematinic, diuretic, rejuvenating and general tonic. It is used in Ayurveda for treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gout, lumbago, disorders of the nervous, respiratory, digestive and circulatory systems.
It has anti-inflammatory with strong purifying and rejuvenating properties.
Sonth is powder of dried ginger is pungent in both the initial and post-digestive tastes (rasa and vipaka) and hot in effect (virya). It gives relief in Vata and Kapha and increases pitta. It is carminative, antiemetic and thermogenic. It improves digestion.
Shilajita/Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or plant based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks. This mineral comes out from the Himalayan rocks during summer. It increases flow of digestive secretion and helps in better absorption. It is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Pluchea lanceolata is used in Ayurveda for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory disorders due to presence of several physiologically active phytochemicals such as phenols, flavonoids, triterpenoids, and steroids.
Benefits of Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Capsules
- It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activities.
- It corrects the metabolism and reduces Ama (metabolic waste and toxins) accumulated in body.
- It increases the blood flow across affected area to rejuvenate the joints, muscles and bones.
- It gives relief in pain, stiffness of joints and other painful conditions.
- It improves metabolism, digestion and elimination.
- It is an herbal medicine based on Ayurvedic principle.
- It has no known side-effects.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Capsules
- Joint pain
- Pain and inflammation due to joint injury
- Muscles pain
- Shoulder pain
- Leg pain
Dosages Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Capsules
- Take 2 capsules two times a day half an hour after meals with lukewarm milk or water or as directed by physician.
- For chronic cases, apply Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil externally and take Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Capsules for at least three weeks.
- Do not take this medicine empty stomach.
- Do not take spicy and deep fried food items.
Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil
Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil is blend of 8 medicinal Oils. It is applied topically on pain in muscles, legs, back, neck, joints or shoulders. Its application helps to stimulate blood circulation and gives relief in stiffness of muscles and limbs, body ache, muscular pains, severe joint pain or swelling, and joint aches. It has no side effect. Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Oil has good spread ability with quick absorption over the affected area.
Each 100ml Oil Contains:
- Linum Usitatissimum (Alsi Oil) 5ml
- Cinnamomum Camphora (Kapoor Oil) 5ml
- Mentha Piperata (Pudina Oil) 5ml
- Pinus Roxburghi (Cheed Oil) 8ml
- Gaultheria Fragrantissima (Gandhapura Oil) 8ml
- Vitex Negundo (Nirgundi Oil) 2ml
- Celastrus Paniculatus (Jyotishmati Oil) 2ml
- Sesamum Indicum (Til Oil) 65ml
How to use Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil
- Take 5-10 ml oil and warm it. Now massage gently on affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- This oil should not be applied on open wounds or burns. Wash hands before and after applying oil.
Availability and Price
- Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic joint pain oil and capsules are available in most of the medical stores in India.
- Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic joint pain oil is available in 120 ml packing, for INR 286. Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic capsules are available in 30 capsules pack for INR 177.