Divya Kayakalp Vati is an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine from Swami Ramdevís Divya Pharmacy. This is a herbal combination of well-known Ayurvedic herbs useful in acute and chronic skin diseases. It is supports the liver function improving and blood purification properties.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Divya Pharmacy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Skin Diseases
- Suitable for: Unisex
MRP/Price: Kayakalp Vati 40 gm @ Rs. 140, 20gram @ Rs. 70.00
- Anthelmintic: Expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antileprotic: Countering leprosy.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antiseptic: Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.
- Deobstruent: Removing obstructions; having the powerto clear or open the natural ducts of the fluids and secretions of the body.
- Depurative: Purifying agent.
Ingredients of Divya Kayakalp Vati
In each tablet
- Amla Emblica Officinalis 37.50 mg
- Daruhaldi Berberis aristata 37.50 mg
- Khaira (Catechu) Acacia Catechu 25 mg
- Neem Azadirachta Indica 25 mg
- Paanvad Beej Cassia Tora 18.75 mg
- Giloy Tinospora Cordifolia 18.75 mg
- Chirayata Swertia Chirata 18.75 mg
- Haldi (Turmeric) Curcuma Longa 18.75 mg
- Satyanashi Argemone Mexicana 12.50 mg
- Manjeeth Rubia Cordifolia 6.25 mg
- Dronpushpi Leucas Cephalotes 6.25 mg
- Kattha Acacia Catechu 6.25 mg
- Karanja Pongania pinnata 6.25 mg
- Kutki Picrorhiza Kurroa 6.25 mg
- Rasmanikya 6.25mg
- Excipients: Gum acacia, Talcum, M.C.C., Aerosil Q.S
What is Ras Manikya?
Rasa Manikya is an Ayurvedic preparation of Shuddha Haratala used in the treatment of Vata-Kaphaja diseases like Shwasa (asthma), Kasa (cough) and Kushtha (Skin disorders).
Haratal, is Arsenic Trisulphide (As2S3) and is also known as Orpiment. This is grouped under Uparasa (classification) by Vaghbata in Rasaratna Samucchya. As Haratala contains Arsenic it is considered highly toxic, therefore it is subjected to Shodhana and Marana before its therapeutic use. The detoxified Haratala is known as Shuddha Haratala.
Rasa Manikya is used in the treatment of the skin diseases, scabies, bullae (blister containing serous fluid) and erythema (superficial reddening of the skin, usually in patches, as a result of injury or irritation causing dilatation of the blood capillaries).
It is also used in the treatment of respiratory conditions, allergic and obstructive urinary disorders, autoimmune disorders, etc.
Benefits of Divya Kayakalp Vati
This medicine contains well-known medicinal herbs and Ras Manikya, which are used in the treatment of various skin diseases.
- It helps to remove toxins from the body.
- It purifies blood.
- It has antiseptic properties.
- It helps in pimples and acne.
- It may help in removal of unwanted pigmentation.
- It helps in Indigestion or irregular bowel syndrome.
- The ingredients used in formulation are helpful in improving the liver function.
- Detoxification and Skin Condition
Detoxification can be defined as the process of removing harmful substances and poisons from the body.
Our body is exposed to various toxins that are present in the diet (pesticides, food additives) and environment (chemicals). Various toxins (Ama dosha) is also formed in our body due to digestive health issues (indigestion, constipation).
Accumulation of toxic substance in the body over the time causes various chronic diseases such as chronic urticaria, allergies, arthritis, asthma, chronic infections, depression, diabetes, headaches, heart disease, high cholesterol, digestive disorders, mental illness, arthritis and skin diseases.
The symptoms of toxins in the body include skin eruptions, urticaria, rash, cough, diarrhea, clogged sinus, fever, irritability, etc.
The accumulated toxins especially affect our skin. Impurities in blood triggers immune inflammatory reactions and results in psoriasis, eczema, and other eruptions on skin.
Blood impurities causes skin to turn dark. There are rashes, acne and pimples. The skin appear dull and glow less.
The removal of these toxins from the body helps to treat chronic conditions. The cleansing helps to improve overall health and skin condition.
In Ayurveda, there are many herbs and spices which helps to detoxify blood. Such medicinal herbs which are especially good for the skin include Daruhaldi, Haldi, Khaira, Chirayata, Manjeeth, Kutki, etc. They work by improving elimination through sweating, urination and proper bowel, supporting better digestion, and protecting against free radical damage.
1 – Punwad, Punwadia or Paanvad are the seeds of Cassia tora. The seeds are used as a coffee substitute and has anodyne action. It is very useful in treating skin diseases like ringworm and itching or body scratch and psoriasis. Its paste is used for treating skin ailments. The seeds contain a glucosidal substance phytosterjne and glucosenine. The seeds have anti-parasitic properties and are applied on ring worm and scabies.
In Ayurveda, Prapunnada is used to cures kustha (obstinate skin diseases including leprosy), gulma (phantom tumor), udara (obstinate abdominal diseases including ascitis) and arsas (piles).
2 – Daruhaldi and Haldi are considered similar in therapeutic properties and was used in anemia, oedema, genitourinary disorders, parasitic infections, skin diseases including ulcers. Daruhaldi is used traditionally in jaundice, enlargement of the spleen. It is used as a cholagogue, stomachic, laxative and antiseptic activities.
Haldi and Daru haldi, supports proper the liver function. They are heating and reduces phlegm in the body, detoxify the liver and blood.
Turmeric boosts the liver function and reduces inflammation. Curcumin has significant antioxidant action. Daru haldi is bactericidal, amoebicidal and fungicidal. It reduces inflammation and treats the liver diseases.
3 – Khadira or Acacia catechu is as the best medicine for all skin diseases, internally as well as externally. It is indicated for internally in chronic and suppurating skin diseases, obstinate skin diseases, leprosy, erysipelas, obstinate urinary disorders, poorly healing ulcers, weeping skin diseases, oral ulcer, etc. It is also indicated in polyurea, diabetes, diseases of the mouth, cough, hoarseness of voice, intrinsic haemorrhage, etc. Catechin and catechutannic acid are the principle phytochemical of the Khadira.
4 – Neem Azadirachta Indica, is also used externally and internally for virulent skin diseases, erysipelas, leprosy, ulcers, acne and pimples. It is alos indicated in the fever, poisoning, ascites, internal parasites, and toxins. Neem works in chronic skin diseases due to its blood purifier, internal antiseptic, antiperiodic and anthelmintic properties.
5 – Chiraita or Swertia chirata, is used traditionally for purification of vitiated blood, chronic skin diseases, poisoning, chronic fevers, anemia, and oedema. It is also given for cough, intrinsic haemorrhage and affections of the urinary tract. It is tonic for the liver.
6 – Manjishtha or Rubia cordifolia, is especially useful in eczematous dermatosis and diseases of the spleen.
Manjeeth is especially used in formulations used for obstinate skin diseases, erysipelas and oedema. It is an excellent aid for the promotion of complexion. It is deobstruent and tonic to the liver and spleen, emmenagogue, diuretic and as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Divya Kayakalp Vati
Kayakalp Vati is useful in all skin diseases due to its blood detoxifying and the liver supporting properties.
- Acne, pimple
- Blood purification
- Leukoderma, eczema, psoriasis (may be used as supportive medicine)
- Pigmentation problems of the skin
- Skin infections
The Dosage of Divya Kayakalp Vati
- The recommended dosage of Kayakalp Vati is 2 tablets.
- Children above the age of 12 years can be given half of the adult dosage or 1 tablet.
- The tablets should be taken twice a day with water.
- The medicine should be taken empty stomach.
- Take empty stomach in early morning and one hour before dinner with water.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
Avoid taking milk hour before and after intake of Divya Kayakalp Vati.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Always take in recommended doses.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
Important : This medicine has got mixed reviews. Many people say it give good results. But for many the results were not as per expectation. Therefore, take this medicine for a few weeks, if it suits you then continue it otherwise you may need to change the medicine.
No clinical study has been done to support the effectiveness of medicine.
- Use mild soap.
- Do not take Pitta vardhak/heating food items, spicy-oily and heavy to digest food items.
- Wear clean cotton clothes.
- Do not touch pimples with your fingers.
- Avoid touching affected skin areas.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit salt intake. Excess salt intake, causes water retention in the body. This contributes to swelling, and retention of toxins in the body.