Know the some best herbs, and Ayurvedic medicines to treat Chronic Bronchitis. Herbs, and Ayurvedic medicines are used to treat all type of respiratory infection since long time as these are very effective, and posing no side effects. According to Medline Plus Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes, the airways that carry air to your lungs. It causes a cough that often brings up mucus, as well as shortness of breath, wheezing, and chest tightness.
Some time cough becomes chronic, and known as chronic bronchitis or black cough(kali khasi in India). Treatment of this type of cough is difficult, and vary person to person. In Ayurveda there are many treatment for Chronic bronchitis, and you can make treatment at Home also.
Here are some of best herbs, and medicines which are effective in the treatment of Chronic Bronchitis
1) Dronapushpi is a weed that grows on wastelands. Medicinally, it has antimicrobial, insecticidal, fever reducing, larvicidal, and inflammation reducing properties. The juice removes toxins from the body. The leaves juice is applied externally for the skin diseases, and swelling. In cold, and cough, the leaves juice is recommended.
Dosage, and administration 5-20 ml leaves juice orally, 2-3 times a day for 4-5 weeks.
2) Senna(Kash Mardya) leaves are used in Ayurveda for preparing medicine. Senna is useful in the treatment of deranged vata, and kapha dosha. It is also useful in the treatment of chronic coughs.
Dosage, and administration 5-20 ml leaves juice orally, 2-3 times a day for 4-8 days.
3) Vasaka is indicated in the treatment various diseases, and especially in cold, cough, chronic bronchitis, and asthma. All part of this plant contains alkaloid vasicine which is a bronchodilator, respiratory stimulant, hypotensive (lowers blood pressure), cardiac depressant (decreases heart rate, and contractility), uterotonic, and abortifacient.
Dosage, and administration5-20 ml leaves juice, 2-3 times a day for 4-8 weeks.
4) Vasavaleha is polyherbal Ayurvedic preparation which is used to treat productive cough, cold, asthma, and many other bleeding disorders. Vasavaleha is a combination of five natural ingredients which are well known for treating respiratory problems. Arusa or Vasa has expectorant, and bronchodilator action. Ayurveda recommends it use for difficult berating, Asthma, and cough.
Dosage, and administration6-12 gm, 2 times a day for 4-8 weeks with warm milk or water.
5) Talisadi churna is ayurvedic herbal medicine in powder form which is used in the treatment of digestive, and respiratory problems. It is very good medicine for allergic chronic bronchitis as it reduces frequency of asthmatic attacks.
Dosage, and administration1 to 2 gms to be taken twice a day before the meals with honey for 2-3 weeks.
6) Chandramrit Ras is indicated in chronic fever with coughing, impaired digestion, and phlegm. For this purpose, it is taken with, Prawal Chandraputi, Talisaadi Churna mixed in Gul Banafsha Sharbat.
Dosage, and administration1tablet 2-3 times a day for 3-7 days.
7) Vasakasava is a herbal Ayurvedic medicine which is used for treating respiratory tract infections. Its main ingredient is adusa or Malabar Nut which is used in Ayurveda as expectorant, and cure for chronic bronchitis. It has bronchodilatory activity which loosens, and thins congestion, and coughing in respiratory tract. This medicines also known as Vasarishtam.
Dosage, and administration 5-10 ml, 2-3 times a day for 1-2 weeks.