Table of Contents
Autozyme Tablet and Syrup is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine from Charak Pharmaceuticals. It is a tonic for digestive system and is useful in treatment of common abdominal disorders such as gas, acidity, nausea, vomiting, discomfort and indigestion.
Autozyme is a blend of well-known Ayurvedic herbs that supports better appetite and digestion by stimulating secretion of digestive enzymes. It cures anorexia and constipation. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Autozyme Tablet
Each tablet contains:
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 300 mg
- Shuthi Dry ginger powder 300 mg
- Pippali mula Roots of Piper longum
- Karanj Pongamia glabra 300 mg
- Bilva Aegle marmelos 300 mg
- Chitrak mula Roots of Plunbago zeylanica 305 mg
Each 5 ml contains:
- Draksha Vitis vinifera 200 mg
- Shatavari Aspargus recemosus 200 mg
- Amalki Emblica officinalis 105 mg
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera 100 mg
- Bhringaraj Eclipta alba 50 mg
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 50 mg
- Vidarikanda Ipomoea digitata 50 mg
- Jeeraka Cuminum cyminum 50 mg
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale 50 mg
- Pippali mool Root of Piper longum 30 mg
- Chitrak Plumbago zeylanica 25 mg
- Ajmo Carum copticum 25 mg
- Yashtimadhu Glycyrrhiza glabra 20 mg
- Pippali Piper longum 20 mg
- Marich Piper nigrum 20 mg
- Tamalpatra Cinnamomum iners 15 mg
- Twak Cinnamomum cassia 7 mg
- Ela Elettaria cardamomum 3 mg
- Lavang Caryophyllus aromaticus 3 mg
- Powder of Loha bhasma 2 mg
- Flavoured Syrupy base Q.S.
Haritaki consists of the pericarp of mature fruits of Terminalia chebula Retz. (Fam. Combretaceae), a moderate sized or large tree found throughout India, chiefly in deciduous forests and areas of light rainfall. Its synonym in Sanskrit are Abhaya, Kayastha, Shiva, Pathya and Vijaya. The main constituent of Haritaki is Tannins, anthraquinones and polyphenolic compounds. Haritaki is hot in potency. It is Laghu and Ruksha / drying. It is a tonic drug and is good for digestive system.
Dried ginger is called Sunthi. It is pungent in both the initial and post-digestive tastes (rasa and vipaka) and hot in potencyt (virya). It gives relief in Vata and Kapha and increases pitta. It is carminative, antiemetic and thermogenic. It is useful in indigestion, low appetite, nausea and piles.
Haritaki and Sonth act as powerful appetizer, prokinetic and stimulates secretion of digestive enzymes. They also help relieve flatulence.
Pippali mula is aromatic root of plant Piper longum. It is stomachic, digestive, pungent, hot, and very useful for digesting food, bile producing and laxative.
Chitrak(Plumbago zeylanica), reduces Vata and Kapha and increases pitta. It has digestive, antiseptic, anti-parasitic, stimulant and hot properties. It is useful in colitis, indigestion, hemorrhoids, anasarca, diarrhea, gas, rheumatism, and Vata disorders. It must not be used in pregnancy and it causes abortion / miscarriage due to hot nature.
Health Benefits of Autozyme
- It reduces gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, bloating, constipation, heart burn, nausea, and vomiting.
- It helps in complete digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, fats through its effect on gastric, hepatic and pancreatic enzyme secretion.
- It supports better digestion.
- It has gastroprotective and mucoprotective actions.
- It regulates motion.
- It controls acid reflux.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Autozyme Tablet
- Functional dyspepsia
- Bloating, gas
- Digestive weakness
Dosage of Autozyme Tablet
1 or 2 tablets twice a day / 15 ml to be taken after meal with water for three months or as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humors, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.