B-Tex ointment is a cream for topical use. B-Tex is applied externally on various skin conditions such as eczema, itching, ringworms, pimples and similar bacterial skin infections. B-Tex ointment has germicidal, anti-septic, antibacterial, anti-itch and escharotic (corrosive agent that has the strength to burn tissue) properties. This ointment contains tankan amla, salicylic acid and kapoor. The base is paraffin. B-Tex is available as lotion and white ointment.
Key Ingredients of B-Tex ointment
B-tex ointment contains (w/w)
- Tankan amla 10 %: it is a germicide & powerful bactericidal action.
- Salicylic acid 10 %: it is an escharotic. Being hygroscopic, it removes water from the tissues.
- Kapoor flavour 1 % : anti septic, anaesthetic & anti pruritic
- Paraffin base q.s.
Uses of B-Tex ointment
- Eczema, scabies
- Cold cracks
- Pimples and other skin conditions
How to use B-Tex ointment
- This is for external use ONLY.
- Clean the affected part with lukewarm water and antiseptic lotion.
- Apply gently B-Tex ointment and rub gently. Dilute with vegetable oil before applying on children skin.