Table of Contents
Lavan bhaskar churna is a very famous OTC Ayurvedic medicine. It is used for improving digestion and assimilation of food. It is prepared by mixing the powder of medicinal herbs and edible sea salts.
Bhaskar Lavan churna is an appetizing and tasty preparation. It gives relief in gas and constipation. For constipation it is generally taken at night with hot water at bedtime. It is an excellent medicine for digestive weakness and malabsorption.
Here is given more about Lavan bhaskar churna such as indication/therapeutic uses, benefits, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Lavan Bhaskar Churna
Bhaskara lavana Churna is a powder preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
- Samudra Lavana Sea salt 96 g
- Sauvarcala Lavana 60 g
- Vida Lavana 24 g
- Saindhava Lavana Rock salt 24 g
- Dhanyaka Coriandrum sativum Fr. 24 g
- Pippali Piper longum Fr. 24 g
- Pippali Piper longum Rt. 24 g
- Krishna Jiraka Carum carvi Fr. 24 g
- TvakPatra Cinnmomum tamala Lf. 24 g
- Nagakeshara Mesua ferrea Stmn. 24 g
- Talisa Abies webbiana Lf. 24 g
- Amlavetasa Garcinia pedunculata Fr. 24 g
- Marica Piper nigrum Fr. 12 g
- Jiraka (Shveta Jiraka) Cuminum cyminum Fr. 12 g
- Vishva (Shunthi) Zingiber officinale Rz. 12 g
- Dadima Bija (Dadima) Punica granatum Dr.Sd. 48 g
- Tvak Cinnmomum zeylanicum St. Bk. 6 g
- Ela (Sukshmaila)) Eletteria cardamomum Sd. 6 g
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Methods of preparation
Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality. Wash and dry the ingredients numbered 5 to 18.
Roast coarsely powdered Samudra Lavana, Sauvarcala Lavana, Saindhava Lavana and Vida individually in a stainless steel pan on low flame till free from moisture, powder separately and pass through sieve number 85.
Powder the ingredients 5 to 18. The powders should completely pass through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 per cent through sieve number 85.
Weigh each ingredient separately and mix together. Pass the Churna through sieve number 44 to obtain a homogenous blend and pack in an air-tight container.
Description: Creamish-brown coloured, smooth powder with a characteristic odour of Vida Lavana and salty taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protect from light and moisture.
Therapeutic uses of Lavan Bhaskar Churna
- Agnimandya (digestive impairment)
- Grahani (malabsorption syndrome), Ajirna (dyspepsia)
- Udara (disease of abdomen)
- Vibandha (constipation)
- Bhagandara (fistula-in-ano), Arsha (piles)
- Shula (pain)
- Pliha (splenic disease)
- Vatakaphaja Gulma (tumor due to Vata Dosha and Kapha Dosha)
- Kshaya (pthisis), Shvasa (asthma), Kasa (cough)
- Kushtha (disease of skin)
- Shopha (oedema)
- Amavata (rheumatism)
- Hridruja (angina pectoris)
Lavan bhaskar churna dosage
2-5 g once or twice in a day before food or after food, as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
This should be taken with curd/Takra/chhachh/water.
Caution/Side-Effects of Lavan Bhaskar Churna:
- Higher dose than prescribed may cause stomach irritation and burning sensation.
- Excess of salt vitiates Pitta. It causes thirst and burning sensation.
- Since it contains salts, people with high blood pressure, hyper acidity, and kidney diseases, who are advised restriction on salts should take it cautiously.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan, Patanjali Divya Pharmacy, Zandu Bhaskar Lavan Churna and some other pharmacies.