Ashtanga Lavana Churna is a poly-herbo- mineral Ayurvedic formulation. This medicine is prepared from eight ingredients viz. Sauvarchala Lavan, Safed jeera, Vrikshmala, Amlavetasa, Dalchini, choti elaichi, kali mirch and sugar. This medicine is especially used to treat Madatyaya or alcoholic disorders.
Here is given more about Ashtanga Lavana Churna such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Ashtanga Lavana Churna
Ashtang Lavan is a medicine in Churna or powder from, prepared from eight ingredients, including one Lavan, and hence it is called Ashtang (means eight) Lavan (salt).
The composition of Ashtang Lavan Churna is given below.
- Sauvarchala Lavana Unaqua sodium chloride ( Black Salt) 1 part
- Ajaji (Sveta Jiraka) Cuminum cyminum Linn Dry seed 1 part
- Vrkshamla ( Garcinia Indica) Chois. Fruit 1 part
- Amlavetasa Garcinia pedunculata Roxb. Fruit 1 part
- Twak Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume. Stem Bark ½ part
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum Maton) Seed ½ part
- Maricha Piper(nigrum Linn.) Dried fruit ½ part
- Sarkara Saccharam officinarum Linn Sugar 1 part
Uses of Ashtanga Lavana Churna
This medicine has Deepana, Pachaka and Kapha-hara properties.
Ashtanga Lavana Churna is specifically used to treat Kaphaja Madatyaya (Kapha variety of Alcoholic disorders) and also for Agni Deepana (Improving digestive fire), Shrot Shodhan (cleansing of micro channels of the body).
This medicine is indicated in loss of taste, loss of appetite, digestive weakness, gastric debility, Srotorodha (Obstruction to srotas) and alcoholism.
Dosage of Ashtanga Lavana Churna
The recommended dosage of Ashtanga Lavana Churna is 3-6 grams, twice a day. Or take as directed by physician.
This medicine contains salt, so person on restricted sodium diet and those with hypertension take it after consultation.