Arq Elaichi is a liquid preparation of lesser cardamom. Lesser cardamom is known as Choti Elaichi in Hindi. It is a common aromatic condiment full of medicinal properties. It has cooling, carminative and stomachic properties. It aids digestion and cures too much thirst. It is effective in nausea and vomiting.
Arq Elaichi is useful in treatment of common digestive disorders such as nausea, vomiting, indigestion, low appetite, excessive thirst etc.
What is Ark/ Arq?
Arka/ Arq can be defined as a liquid obtained by distillation of certain liquids or drugs soaked in water using distillation apparatus. The drugs are boiled in distillation apparatus to get the vapors which on condensation give Ark of desired herb. Ark contains the volatile part of drug.
- Type of medicine: Unani Herbal
- Product Name: Arq-e-Ilaichi
- Product Form: Liquid
- Main Manufacturer: Hamdard Laboratories
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Arq Elaichi
- Ilaichi Ark is colourless liquid preparation having characteristic smell with cooling taste. It is prepared by distillation of ingredients in the formulation composition given below:
- Ilaichi Khurd Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton, Fruit 280 g
- Ilaichi Kalan Amomum subulatum Roxb., Fruit 350 g
- Aab Sadah Purified water, Liquid 12.0 l
Method of preparation:
- Take all the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Clean and dry the ingredients 1 and 2 under shade.
- Crush Ilaichi Khurd and Ilaichi Kalan in an iron mortar to obtain coarse powder.
- Soak the coarse powder of Ilaichi Khurd and Ilaichi Kalan in water overnight.
- Transfer the soaked powder along with water into distillation plant.
- Distil the soaked material to get 7.5 l of Arq.
Unani Properties of Ilaichi (Elletaria cardamomum fruit)
- Kasir Riyah (Carminative): Help to pass the gases from intestine.
- Mushtahi (Appetizer): Increase hunger.
Benefits of Arq Elaichi
- It is herbal medicine.
- It is safe to take.
- It has goodness of lesser cardamom.
- It is diuretic and stimulates urine production.
- It gives relief in digestive ailments such as nausea, vomiting, gas, low appetite and indigestion.
- It is Muqawwi-e-Meda (Stomachic) and promotes the appetite and assist in digestion.
- It is Mufarreh (Exhilarant) and stimulates mind.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Arq Elaichi
- Flatulence/ Gas
- Excessive thirst
- Scanty urination, Urinary disorders
- Zof-e-Meda (Weakness of stomach)
- Haiza (Cholera)
Dosage of Arq Elaichi
The recommended dosage of Ark Elaichi is 60ml.