Arjun Ghrita is Ayurvedic herbal medicated ghee prepared from bark of Arjun tree (Terminalia Arjuna) and Go-Ghrita/cow ghee. It is a heart tonic and useful in treating all types of heart diseases.
In Ayurveda, Arjuna Tree bark is used from time immemorial as cardio tonic and as a medicine to treat heart diseases. The mention of this tree is even found in Rig Veda. Ayurveda says, one who takes Arjuna bark with milk/ghee/gur will be relieved from heart diseases, bleeding disorders and chronic fever. It is an anti-oxidant that strengthens heart and gives long life.
Ingredients of Arjun Ghrita
- Partha svarasa (Arjuna) (St.Bk.) 16 parts
- Ghrita (Goghrita) 4 parts
- Partha kalka (St.Bk.) 1 part
Benefits of Arjun Ghrita
- It is a cardiac tonic.
- It is given in all types of heart diseases, and bleeding disorders/Rakta pitta (bleeding from nose, vagina etc.).
- It gives relief from excessive abdominal gas and associated problems.
- It is very nutritious.
- It cures internal dryness.
- It improves weight, luster, and digestion.
- It gives relief from constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta and Vata disorder.
Uses of Arjun Ghrita
- Cardiac tonic
- Heart palpitation
- Heart weakness
- All types of heart diseases
- Bleeding problems (Raktapitta)
- Bloating, gas
Dosage of Arjun Ghrita
3-6 gram twice a day with Mishri and milk or lukewarm water.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Arjun Ghrit), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.