Amritadi Guggulu is polyherbal classical Ayurvedic medicine. This medicine is mainly indicated in Vata Rakta. Vatarakta is a Vata vyadhi and referred as Gouty Arthritis. This formulation is blood purifier and laxative which balances deranged vata.
Table of Contents
Amritadi Guggulu is also useful in treatment of chikungunya, a viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes bites. The symptoms of chikungunya are pain in joints, muscles, Inflammation of hands, feet, fever and rash.
Here is given more about Amritadi Guggulu such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Amritadi Guggulu
Guduchi 960 grams;Each 480 grams: Guggul, (Haritaki, Bibhitak, Amalaki= Triphala);Each 24 grams: Dantimul, (Shunthi, Maricha, Pippali= trikatu), Vidang, Giloy, Trifala, Dalchini;Nishoth 12 grams;
Benefits of Amritadi Guggulu
- This medicine purifies blood and removes toxins from body.
- It reduces excess vata/vayu and gives relief in vata-rakt/gout.
- It has mild laxative properties due to which it gives relief in constipation.
- It reduces level of uric acid.
- It has swelling reducing, pain relieving, blood purifying, laxative, antibacterial and digestive properties.
Uses of Amritadi Guggulu
Amritadi Guggulu is an Ayurvedic medicine containing Amrita/Giloy and Guggulu as chief ingredients. Other ingredients of this medicine include Triphala, trikatu, dalchini etc. This medicine is indicated in diseases of skin and vata rog such as gout, arthritis, rheumatism etc. Its use also gives relief in piles due to its laxative, blood purifying, antibacterial, antimicrobial, pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gout, Arthritis
- Amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis, vata carrying ama into the joints)
- Excessive uric acid in blood
- Inflammation, swelling, joints and limbs
- Piles, Haemorrhoids, bhagandar
- Loss of appetite
- Leprosy, Digestive Impairments
Dosage of Amritadi Guggulu
2-6 tablets twice a day with hot water or Giloy decoction or Kadha or as directed by physician. The exact dosage depends of age, strength and condition of person.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Amrutadi Guggul), Vyas Pharmaceuticals (Amritadi Guggulu), Manil Ayurved Pharma (Amrutadi Guggul) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.