I am writing this to just share my experience. I have 20 month old son and still i do feeding. There are lot of benefits of breastfeeding.
- Most important is your child will be healthy, one reason for poor immunity among kids is not feeding them properly. Growth of your child will be excellent if you breastfeed them adequately. For good immunity system of your children please feed them for at least 1 year.
- During pregnancy women gets lot of fat because this is a natural process, you will get extra layer of fat for feeding to your baby. If you do not feed your baby properly then you will get lot of problem in reducing your weight. So if you breastfeed your little one properly then surely you will get you shape back within 6 month. Actually breastfeeding burns 500 calories per day.
- If you feed baby then bonding between you and your baby will be strong.
- By doing feeding you and your baby will get more happiness and it is very good thing for stress busting.
Initially you will feel some problems when you start doing breastfeeding.
- You may feel some pain while doing feeding for few days but please don’t stop after 5-7 day all these get normal.
- May be your baby is not getting enough milk in initial day and many women stop feeding. This was happen to me also. In this situation you can give some formula based milk but don’t stop feeding and keep trying. In maximum 1 month your baby will definitely get proper milk.
- While you do feeding be careful about your diet. Take lot of liquids, some protein diet, iron and calcium supplement.
So do breastfeeding to your baby for good health of you child and yours. Some women feed their child for more than three years.