In winters spring onion is available in abundance. It has health benefits of both green and onion and is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C and minerals. It is known to lower blood sugar level, reduces cough and helps in digestion.
When made paratha of spring it is liked by kids also otherwise in bhaji form they just say no to it. The recipe of this paratha is very simple and quick to make.
Ingredients for green onion paratha
- Spring onion 1 cup chopped finely
- Atta 2 cup
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Roasted cumin seeds 1 tbs
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil
Method for making spring onion paratha
- Finely chop spring onion and add salt to it and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Take atta and add salt, roasted cumin seeds, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add chopped spring onion to atta in small proportions at a time (as we add water in kneading atta for roti) and knead well.
- Now make small medium size balls and roll them in form of round paratha and cook on hot tawa like paratha by applying cooking oil.
Serve hot with chutney or raita.